Heavy equipment dealership bought for undisclosed price
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2013
JACKSON — Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA) has acquired Daily Equipment Company (DEC) of Jackson.
The price was not disclosed.
DEC has five other full-service branches in Mississippi (Biloxi) and Louisiana (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport and Lake Charles).
Emmerson Daily, CEO and founder of DEC, said, “MCFA offers me assurance that Daily Equipment Company’s customers will continue to be treated well and that our employee family will be provided a stable and bright future. MCFA and Daily Equipment have grown successfully together since DEC began in 1985.”
The company will continue to operate as Daily Equipment Company, with no changes in leadership, staff or support, according to a joint release from the two companies.
As part of the transaction, DEC will drop the Crown brand in favor of the Cat lift trucks, Mitsubishi forklift trucks and Jungheinrich brands manufactured and distributed by MCFA.
MCFA has 127 authorized dealers covering 433 locations in North and South America today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow