Heavy equipment dealership bought for undisclosed price
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2013
JACKSON — Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA) has acquired Daily Equipment Company (DEC) of Jackson.
The price was not disclosed.
DEC has five other full-service branches in Mississippi (Biloxi) and Louisiana (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport and Lake Charles).
Emmerson Daily, CEO and founder of DEC, said, “MCFA offers me assurance that Daily Equipment Company’s customers will continue to be treated well and that our employee family will be provided a stable and bright future. MCFA and Daily Equipment have grown successfully together since DEC began in 1985.”
The company will continue to operate as Daily Equipment Company, with no changes in leadership, staff or support, according to a joint release from the two companies.
As part of the transaction, DEC will drop the Crown brand in favor of the Cat lift trucks, Mitsubishi forklift trucks and Jungheinrich brands manufactured and distributed by MCFA.
MCFA has 127 authorized dealers covering 433 locations in North and South America today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'