Heavy equipment dealership bought for undisclosed price
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2013
JACKSON — Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA) has acquired Daily Equipment Company (DEC) of Jackson.
The price was not disclosed.
DEC has five other full-service branches in Mississippi (Biloxi) and Louisiana (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport and Lake Charles).
Emmerson Daily, CEO and founder of DEC, said, “MCFA offers me assurance that Daily Equipment Company’s customers will continue to be treated well and that our employee family will be provided a stable and bright future. MCFA and Daily Equipment have grown successfully together since DEC began in 1985.”
The company will continue to operate as Daily Equipment Company, with no changes in leadership, staff or support, according to a joint release from the two companies.
As part of the transaction, DEC will drop the Crown brand in favor of the Cat lift trucks, Mitsubishi forklift trucks and Jungheinrich brands manufactured and distributed by MCFA.
MCFA has 127 authorized dealers covering 433 locations in North and South America today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real