New hospice wing to begin admissions next month
Published: January 7,2013
TUPELO — North Mississippi Medical Center plans to open next month a dedicated inpatient hospice wing.
Hospital officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 10-bed hospice which will serve terminally ill patients who need a higher level of care to remain comfortable.
Officials expect the wing to open in the next several weeks after staff training and regulatory inspections are complete.
The NMMC hospice unit was created from a 13-bed wing, carving out room for a family sitting area and counseling room in addition to 10 patient rooms.
The closed unit dedicated to hospice patients will allow for different visiting policies from the rest of the hospital.
By mid-2013, the inpatient hospice capacity for north Mississippi — all centered in Lee County — will rise to 44 beds.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win