New hospice wing to begin admissions next month
Published: January 7,2013
TUPELO — North Mississippi Medical Center plans to open next month a dedicated inpatient hospice wing.
Hospital officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 10-bed hospice which will serve terminally ill patients who need a higher level of care to remain comfortable.
Officials expect the wing to open in the next several weeks after staff training and regulatory inspections are complete.
The NMMC hospice unit was created from a 13-bed wing, carving out room for a family sitting area and counseling room in addition to 10 patient rooms.
The closed unit dedicated to hospice patients will allow for different visiting policies from the rest of the hospital.
By mid-2013, the inpatient hospice capacity for north Mississippi — all centered in Lee County — will rise to 44 beds.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds