New hospice wing to begin admissions next month
Published: January 7,2013
TUPELO — North Mississippi Medical Center plans to open next month a dedicated inpatient hospice wing.
Hospital officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 10-bed hospice which will serve terminally ill patients who need a higher level of care to remain comfortable.
Officials expect the wing to open in the next several weeks after staff training and regulatory inspections are complete.
The NMMC hospice unit was created from a 13-bed wing, carving out room for a family sitting area and counseling room in addition to 10 patient rooms.
The closed unit dedicated to hospice patients will allow for different visiting policies from the rest of the hospital.
By mid-2013, the inpatient hospice capacity for north Mississippi — all centered in Lee County — will rise to 44 beds.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not