New hospice wing to begin admissions next month
by Associated Press
Published: January 7,2013
TUPELO — North Mississippi Medical Center plans to open next month a dedicated inpatient hospice wing.
Hospital officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 10-bed hospice which will serve terminally ill patients who need a higher level of care to remain comfortable.
Officials expect the wing to open in the next several weeks after staff training and regulatory inspections are complete.
The NMMC hospice unit was created from a 13-bed wing, carving out room for a family sitting area and counseling room in addition to 10 patient rooms.
The closed unit dedicated to hospice patients will allow for different visiting policies from the rest of the hospital.
By mid-2013, the inpatient hospice capacity for north Mississippi — all centered in Lee County — will rise to 44 beds.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early