New hospice wing to begin admissions next month
by Associated Press
Published: January 7,2013
TUPELO — North Mississippi Medical Center plans to open next month a dedicated inpatient hospice wing.
Hospital officials tell the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal the new 10-bed hospice which will serve terminally ill patients who need a higher level of care to remain comfortable.
Officials expect the wing to open in the next several weeks after staff training and regulatory inspections are complete.
The NMMC hospice unit was created from a 13-bed wing, carving out room for a family sitting area and counseling room in addition to 10 patient rooms.
The closed unit dedicated to hospice patients will allow for different visiting policies from the rest of the hospital.
By mid-2013, the inpatient hospice capacity for north Mississippi — all centered in Lee County — will rise to 44 beds.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level