SBA offering loans to victims of Christmas Day storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Residents and businesses in Mississippi affected by severe storms and tornadoes on Dec. 25 can apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The declaration covers Pearl River County and the adjacent counties of Forrest, Hancock, Harrison, Lamar, Marion and Stone.
The SBA is opening an outreach center in Poplarville in the Old Armory at 810 Highway 11 South. It will open tomorrow at 8 a.m. and remain open through Jan. 17.
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Individuals and businesses unable to visit the center may obtain information and loan applications by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 (1-800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing), or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Loan applications can also be downloaded from the SBA’s website at www.sba.gov. Completed applications should be returned to the Center or mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical property damage is March 5. The deadline to return economic injury applications is Oct. 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast