SBA offering loans to victims of Christmas Day storms
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 7,2013
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — Residents and businesses in Mississippi affected by severe storms and tornadoes on Dec. 25 can apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The declaration covers Pearl River County and the adjacent counties of Forrest, Hancock, Harrison, Lamar, Marion and Stone.
The SBA is opening an outreach center in Poplarville in the Old Armory at 810 Highway 11 South. It will open tomorrow at 8 a.m. and remain open through Jan. 17.
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Individuals and businesses unable to visit the center may obtain information and loan applications by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 (1-800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing), or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Loan applications can also be downloaded from the SBA’s website at www.sba.gov. Completed applications should be returned to the Center or mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical property damage is March 5. The deadline to return economic injury applications is Oct. 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game