Two accounting firms execute merger; office to be in Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2013
JACKSON — The accounting firms White & Company and Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC, have merged.
James Lee Stafford, CPA, executive manager of Watkins, Ward and Stafford, and David O. White, CPA, of White & Company announced the merger.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC currently has 13 offices across Mississippi.
White will be assuming the role of manager with WWS. He and the staff of White & Company will continue to provide professional services to his current clients.
The combined firm offers accounting and auditing services for businesses, local governments, and nonprofit organizations, as well as tax services for individuals, businesses, and estates. Additionally, the firm offers many specialized consulting services such as tax planning, forecasts, business start-ups, bookkeeping services and payroll services.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford will continue to operate out of the same location on Lakeland Drive currently occupied by White & Company. All current professionals and staff of White & Company are retaining similar positions with WWS.
“By combining White’s group with the current WWS staff in our Ridgeland office, the merger will provide a strong accounting firm positioned to meet the needs of the Central Mississippi business community,” said Stafford.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)