Two accounting firms execute merger; office to be in Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2013
JACKSON — The accounting firms White & Company and Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC, have merged.
James Lee Stafford, CPA, executive manager of Watkins, Ward and Stafford, and David O. White, CPA, of White & Company announced the merger.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC currently has 13 offices across Mississippi.
White will be assuming the role of manager with WWS. He and the staff of White & Company will continue to provide professional services to his current clients.
The combined firm offers accounting and auditing services for businesses, local governments, and nonprofit organizations, as well as tax services for individuals, businesses, and estates. Additionally, the firm offers many specialized consulting services such as tax planning, forecasts, business start-ups, bookkeeping services and payroll services.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford will continue to operate out of the same location on Lakeland Drive currently occupied by White & Company. All current professionals and staff of White & Company are retaining similar positions with WWS.
“By combining White’s group with the current WWS staff in our Ridgeland office, the merger will provide a strong accounting firm positioned to meet the needs of the Central Mississippi business community,” said Stafford.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium