Two accounting firms execute merger; office to be in Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2013
JACKSON — The accounting firms White & Company and Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC, have merged.
James Lee Stafford, CPA, executive manager of Watkins, Ward and Stafford, and David O. White, CPA, of White & Company announced the merger.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC currently has 13 offices across Mississippi.
White will be assuming the role of manager with WWS. He and the staff of White & Company will continue to provide professional services to his current clients.
The combined firm offers accounting and auditing services for businesses, local governments, and nonprofit organizations, as well as tax services for individuals, businesses, and estates. Additionally, the firm offers many specialized consulting services such as tax planning, forecasts, business start-ups, bookkeeping services and payroll services.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford will continue to operate out of the same location on Lakeland Drive currently occupied by White & Company. All current professionals and staff of White & Company are retaining similar positions with WWS.
“By combining White’s group with the current WWS staff in our Ridgeland office, the merger will provide a strong accounting firm positioned to meet the needs of the Central Mississippi business community,” said Stafford.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41