Two accounting firms execute merger; office to be in Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 8,2013
JACKSON — The accounting firms White & Company and Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC, have merged.
James Lee Stafford, CPA, executive manager of Watkins, Ward and Stafford, and David O. White, CPA, of White & Company announced the merger.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford, PLLC currently has 13 offices across Mississippi.
White will be assuming the role of manager with WWS. He and the staff of White & Company will continue to provide professional services to his current clients.
The combined firm offers accounting and auditing services for businesses, local governments, and nonprofit organizations, as well as tax services for individuals, businesses, and estates. Additionally, the firm offers many specialized consulting services such as tax planning, forecasts, business start-ups, bookkeeping services and payroll services.
Watkins, Ward and Stafford will continue to operate out of the same location on Lakeland Drive currently occupied by White & Company. All current professionals and staff of White & Company are retaining similar positions with WWS.
“By combining White’s group with the current WWS staff in our Ridgeland office, the merger will provide a strong accounting firm positioned to meet the needs of the Central Mississippi business community,” said Stafford.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season