BancorpSouth introduces prepaid debit card program
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has launched the BancorpSouth Prepaid Card program designed to serve as an alternative to traditional checking accounts.
“The Prepaid Card program puts customers in control of their funds, and having no minimum balance or overdraft fees make the cards ideal for budgeting, travel and students,” said Derek Caswell , BancorpSouth first vice president, retail banking. “The program also allows customers that cannot get approved for a checking account to establish a relationship with the bank.”
The program is designed around a prepaid MasterCard debit card.
The BancorpSouth pre-paid card program is offered through The Community Bank Prepaid Program launched in 2010 by ABA Business Solutions, a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, with partners MasterCard Worldwide and TransCard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal