BancorpSouth introduces prepaid debit card program
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has launched the BancorpSouth Prepaid Card program designed to serve as an alternative to traditional checking accounts.
“The Prepaid Card program puts customers in control of their funds, and having no minimum balance or overdraft fees make the cards ideal for budgeting, travel and students,” said Derek Caswell , BancorpSouth first vice president, retail banking. “The program also allows customers that cannot get approved for a checking account to establish a relationship with the bank.”
The program is designed around a prepaid MasterCard debit card.
The BancorpSouth pre-paid card program is offered through The Community Bank Prepaid Program launched in 2010 by ABA Business Solutions, a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, with partners MasterCard Worldwide and TransCard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar