BancorpSouth introduces prepaid debit card program
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has launched the BancorpSouth Prepaid Card program designed to serve as an alternative to traditional checking accounts.
“The Prepaid Card program puts customers in control of their funds, and having no minimum balance or overdraft fees make the cards ideal for budgeting, travel and students,” said Derek Caswell , BancorpSouth first vice president, retail banking. “The program also allows customers that cannot get approved for a checking account to establish a relationship with the bank.”
The program is designed around a prepaid MasterCard debit card.
The BancorpSouth pre-paid card program is offered through The Community Bank Prepaid Program launched in 2010 by ABA Business Solutions, a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, with partners MasterCard Worldwide and TransCard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending