BancorpSouth introduces prepaid debit card program
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has launched the BancorpSouth Prepaid Card program designed to serve as an alternative to traditional checking accounts.
“The Prepaid Card program puts customers in control of their funds, and having no minimum balance or overdraft fees make the cards ideal for budgeting, travel and students,” said Derek Caswell , BancorpSouth first vice president, retail banking. “The program also allows customers that cannot get approved for a checking account to establish a relationship with the bank.”
The program is designed around a prepaid MasterCard debit card.
The BancorpSouth pre-paid card program is offered through The Community Bank Prepaid Program launched in 2010 by ABA Business Solutions, a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, with partners MasterCard Worldwide and TransCard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State