BancorpSouth introduces prepaid debit card program
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has launched the BancorpSouth Prepaid Card program designed to serve as an alternative to traditional checking accounts.
“The Prepaid Card program puts customers in control of their funds, and having no minimum balance or overdraft fees make the cards ideal for budgeting, travel and students,” said Derek Caswell , BancorpSouth first vice president, retail banking. “The program also allows customers that cannot get approved for a checking account to establish a relationship with the bank.”
The program is designed around a prepaid MasterCard debit card.
The BancorpSouth pre-paid card program is offered through The Community Bank Prepaid Program launched in 2010 by ABA Business Solutions, a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, with partners MasterCard Worldwide and TransCard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals