BancorpSouth introduces prepaid debit card program
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
TUPELO — BancorpSouth Inc. has launched the BancorpSouth Prepaid Card program designed to serve as an alternative to traditional checking accounts.
“The Prepaid Card program puts customers in control of their funds, and having no minimum balance or overdraft fees make the cards ideal for budgeting, travel and students,” said Derek Caswell , BancorpSouth first vice president, retail banking. “The program also allows customers that cannot get approved for a checking account to establish a relationship with the bank.”
The program is designed around a prepaid MasterCard debit card.
The BancorpSouth pre-paid card program is offered through The Community Bank Prepaid Program launched in 2010 by ABA Business Solutions, a subsidiary of the American Bankers Association, with partners MasterCard Worldwide and TransCard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form