Consumer products company building warehouse
Published: January 9,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Consumer products company Helen of Troy will build a new $37-million warehouse in DeSoto County.
The company, based in El Paso, Texas, already owns a 1.2 million-square-foot warehouse in Southaven. It will give up 700,000 square feet of leased space in Memphis, Tenn.
Officials said Helen of Troy would create 300 jobs. It’s unclear if that counts jobs already in Memphis.
The warehouse is scheduled to open by late 2014. Helen of Troy said it would pay for it through cash and borrowing.
Mississippi is giving $750,000 for site preparation and relocation and $150,000 for infrastructure. It will also provide job training worth an unspecified amount. Mississippi officials say the city of Olive Branch and DeSoto County will provide incentives, but didn’t list their value.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Consumer products company building warehouse”
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real