Consumer products company building warehouse
Published: January 9,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Consumer products company Helen of Troy will build a new $37-million warehouse in DeSoto County.
The company, based in El Paso, Texas, already owns a 1.2 million-square-foot warehouse in Southaven. It will give up 700,000 square feet of leased space in Memphis, Tenn.
Officials said Helen of Troy would create 300 jobs. It’s unclear if that counts jobs already in Memphis.
The warehouse is scheduled to open by late 2014. Helen of Troy said it would pay for it through cash and borrowing.
Mississippi is giving $750,000 for site preparation and relocation and $150,000 for infrastructure. It will also provide job training worth an unspecified amount. Mississippi officials say the city of Olive Branch and DeSoto County will provide incentives, but didn’t list their value.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Consumer products company building warehouse”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion