Consumer products company building warehouse
Published: January 9,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Consumer products company Helen of Troy will build a new $37-million warehouse in DeSoto County.
The company, based in El Paso, Texas, already owns a 1.2 million-square-foot warehouse in Southaven. It will give up 700,000 square feet of leased space in Memphis, Tenn.
Officials said Helen of Troy would create 300 jobs. It’s unclear if that counts jobs already in Memphis.
The warehouse is scheduled to open by late 2014. Helen of Troy said it would pay for it through cash and borrowing.
Mississippi is giving $750,000 for site preparation and relocation and $150,000 for infrastructure. It will also provide job training worth an unspecified amount. Mississippi officials say the city of Olive Branch and DeSoto County will provide incentives, but didn’t list their value.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Consumer products company building warehouse”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist