Consumer products company building warehouse
Published: January 9,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Consumer products company Helen of Troy will build a new $37-million warehouse in DeSoto County.
The company, based in El Paso, Texas, already owns a 1.2 million-square-foot warehouse in Southaven. It will give up 700,000 square feet of leased space in Memphis, Tenn.
Officials said Helen of Troy would create 300 jobs. It’s unclear if that counts jobs already in Memphis.
The warehouse is scheduled to open by late 2014. Helen of Troy said it would pay for it through cash and borrowing.
Mississippi is giving $750,000 for site preparation and relocation and $150,000 for infrastructure. It will also provide job training worth an unspecified amount. Mississippi officials say the city of Olive Branch and DeSoto County will provide incentives, but didn’t list their value.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Consumer products company building warehouse”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet