Consumer products company building warehouse
Published: January 9,2013
SOUTHAVEN — Consumer products company Helen of Troy will build a new $37-million warehouse in DeSoto County.
The company, based in El Paso, Texas, already owns a 1.2 million-square-foot warehouse in Southaven. It will give up 700,000 square feet of leased space in Memphis, Tenn.
Officials said Helen of Troy would create 300 jobs. It’s unclear if that counts jobs already in Memphis.
The warehouse is scheduled to open by late 2014. Helen of Troy said it would pay for it through cash and borrowing.
Mississippi is giving $750,000 for site preparation and relocation and $150,000 for infrastructure. It will also provide job training worth an unspecified amount. Mississippi officials say the city of Olive Branch and DeSoto County will provide incentives, but didn’t list their value.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Consumer products company building warehouse”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues