Northrop Grumman delivers unmanned aircraft to military
Published: January 9,2013
MOSS POINT — Northrop Grumman Corp. has delivered 2 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft to the U.S. Air Force earlier than expected.
Company officials told The Mississippi Press both aircraft were delivered ahead of schedule in late November.
Northrop Grumman builds fuselages for the Global Hawks and other aircraft at its 70-employee Unmanned Systems Center at Trent Lott International Airport in Moss Point.
In 2012, 3 new Global Hawks were delivered to the Air Force, and 5 previously delivered aircraft completed installation of additional sensors that will allow them to gather multiple types of intelligence data during a single mission.
A total of 37 Global Hawks have been delivered so far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge