Northrop Grumman delivers unmanned aircraft to military
Published: January 9,2013
MOSS POINT — Northrop Grumman Corp. has delivered 2 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft to the U.S. Air Force earlier than expected.
Company officials told The Mississippi Press both aircraft were delivered ahead of schedule in late November.
Northrop Grumman builds fuselages for the Global Hawks and other aircraft at its 70-employee Unmanned Systems Center at Trent Lott International Airport in Moss Point.
In 2012, 3 new Global Hawks were delivered to the Air Force, and 5 previously delivered aircraft completed installation of additional sensors that will allow them to gather multiple types of intelligence data during a single mission.
A total of 37 Global Hawks have been delivered so far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option