Northrop Grumman delivers unmanned aircraft to military
Published: January 9,2013
MOSS POINT — Northrop Grumman Corp. has delivered 2 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft to the U.S. Air Force earlier than expected.
Company officials told The Mississippi Press both aircraft were delivered ahead of schedule in late November.
Northrop Grumman builds fuselages for the Global Hawks and other aircraft at its 70-employee Unmanned Systems Center at Trent Lott International Airport in Moss Point.
In 2012, 3 new Global Hawks were delivered to the Air Force, and 5 previously delivered aircraft completed installation of additional sensors that will allow them to gather multiple types of intelligence data during a single mission.
A total of 37 Global Hawks have been delivered so far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)