Northrop Grumman delivers unmanned aircraft to military
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2013
MOSS POINT — Northrop Grumman Corp. has delivered 2 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft to the U.S. Air Force earlier than expected.
Company officials told The Mississippi Press both aircraft were delivered ahead of schedule in late November.
Northrop Grumman builds fuselages for the Global Hawks and other aircraft at its 70-employee Unmanned Systems Center at Trent Lott International Airport in Moss Point.
In 2012, 3 new Global Hawks were delivered to the Air Force, and 5 previously delivered aircraft completed installation of additional sensors that will allow them to gather multiple types of intelligence data during a single mission.
A total of 37 Global Hawks have been delivered so far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital