Northrop Grumman delivers unmanned aircraft to military
by Associated Press
Published: January 9,2013
MOSS POINT — Northrop Grumman Corp. has delivered 2 Global Hawk unmanned aircraft to the U.S. Air Force earlier than expected.
Company officials told The Mississippi Press both aircraft were delivered ahead of schedule in late November.
Northrop Grumman builds fuselages for the Global Hawks and other aircraft at its 70-employee Unmanned Systems Center at Trent Lott International Airport in Moss Point.
In 2012, 3 new Global Hawks were delivered to the Air Force, and 5 previously delivered aircraft completed installation of additional sensors that will allow them to gather multiple types of intelligence data during a single mission.
A total of 37 Global Hawks have been delivered so far.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015