Reports: State saw fewest deaths from fire in 2012
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Based on preliminary reports the total number of 2012 fire deaths in Mississippi was 62, down from 80 fire deaths in 2011, according to a release from the State Fire Marshall’s Office.
Commissioner of Insurance/State Fire Marshal Mike Chaney said that is the lowest number of fire deaths recorded in a single year since the office has been keeping records.
Since 2009, Mississippi’s fire death rate per year has been reduced by 35.76 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill