Reports: State saw fewest deaths from fire in 2012
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Based on preliminary reports the total number of 2012 fire deaths in Mississippi was 62, down from 80 fire deaths in 2011, according to a release from the State Fire Marshall’s Office.
Commissioner of Insurance/State Fire Marshal Mike Chaney said that is the lowest number of fire deaths recorded in a single year since the office has been keeping records.
Since 2009, Mississippi’s fire death rate per year has been reduced by 35.76 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Top 40 Under 40
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- New process from Mississippi company helps remove bacteria from oysters