City puts Magnolia Bluffs money in short-term CD
Published: January 10,2013
Tags: budget, casino, certificate of deposit, city, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambling, gaming, government, hotel, investment, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Board of Aldermen is considering in motion to put the $350,000 the city recently received from Magnolia Bluffs Casino in a certificate of deposit.
The Natchez Democrat reports Alderman Dan Dillard made a motion to put money into a short-term CD until the board could finalize a plan for the money.
The funds are the final payment of the casino’s $1 million annual lease payment.
The board ultimately decided Tuesday to table the topic until a work session could be scheduled to discuss a plan for the casino money.
Dillard noted that the city has its first opportunity in a long time to set up a rainy day fund.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts