City puts Magnolia Bluffs money in short-term CD
Published: January 10,2013
Tags: budget, casino, certificate of deposit, city, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambling, gaming, government, hotel, investment, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Board of Aldermen is considering in motion to put the $350,000 the city recently received from Magnolia Bluffs Casino in a certificate of deposit.
The Natchez Democrat reports Alderman Dan Dillard made a motion to put money into a short-term CD until the board could finalize a plan for the money.
The funds are the final payment of the casino’s $1 million annual lease payment.
The board ultimately decided Tuesday to table the topic until a work session could be scheduled to discuss a plan for the casino money.
Dillard noted that the city has its first opportunity in a long time to set up a rainy day fund.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.