City puts Magnolia Bluffs money in short-term CD
by Associated Press
Published: January 10,2013
Tags: budget, casino, certificate of deposit, city, convention, entertainment, gamble, gambling, gaming, government, hotel, investment, lodging, meeting, nightlife, restaurant, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
NATCHEZ — The Natchez Board of Aldermen is considering in motion to put the $350,000 the city recently received from Magnolia Bluffs Casino in a certificate of deposit.
The Natchez Democrat reports Alderman Dan Dillard made a motion to put money into a short-term CD until the board could finalize a plan for the money.
The funds are the final payment of the casino’s $1 million annual lease payment.
The board ultimately decided Tuesday to table the topic until a work session could be scheduled to discuss a plan for the casino money.
Dillard noted that the city has its first opportunity in a long time to set up a rainy day fund.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'