Renovations totaling $100M underway at Coast casino
by Associated Press
Published: January 10,2013
BILOXI — Work has begun to transform Isle of Capri into the Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reports Landry’s Golden Nugget bought the East Biloxi casino Nov. 29 and has remodeled five of the guest rooms that visitors can tour this weekend.
By about Memorial Day, one-third of the $100-million remodeling and construction project should be done and the resort will be rebranded as Golden Nugget.
The hotel and casino will stay open throughout the renovations. When Yates Construction finishes work, the parking garage will open directly to the casino. The meeting and entertainment space that was taken over when the casino barge was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina will return and a new casino will be built between the garage and building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout