Renovations totaling $100M underway at Coast casino
by Associated Press
Published: January 10,2013
BILOXI — Work has begun to transform Isle of Capri into the Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reports Landry’s Golden Nugget bought the East Biloxi casino Nov. 29 and has remodeled five of the guest rooms that visitors can tour this weekend.
By about Memorial Day, one-third of the $100-million remodeling and construction project should be done and the resort will be rebranded as Golden Nugget.
The hotel and casino will stay open throughout the renovations. When Yates Construction finishes work, the parking garage will open directly to the casino. The meeting and entertainment space that was taken over when the casino barge was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina will return and a new casino will be built between the garage and building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi