Renovations totaling $100M underway at Coast casino
Published: January 10,2013
BILOXI — Work has begun to transform Isle of Capri into the Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reports Landry’s Golden Nugget bought the East Biloxi casino Nov. 29 and has remodeled five of the guest rooms that visitors can tour this weekend.
By about Memorial Day, one-third of the $100-million remodeling and construction project should be done and the resort will be rebranded as Golden Nugget.
The hotel and casino will stay open throughout the renovations. When Yates Construction finishes work, the parking garage will open directly to the casino. The meeting and entertainment space that was taken over when the casino barge was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina will return and a new casino will be built between the garage and building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club