Renovations totaling $100M underway at Coast casino
by Associated Press
Published: January 10,2013
BILOXI — Work has begun to transform Isle of Capri into the Golden Nugget Casino Biloxi.
The Sun Herald reports Landry’s Golden Nugget bought the East Biloxi casino Nov. 29 and has remodeled five of the guest rooms that visitors can tour this weekend.
By about Memorial Day, one-third of the $100-million remodeling and construction project should be done and the resort will be rebranded as Golden Nugget.
The hotel and casino will stay open throughout the renovations. When Yates Construction finishes work, the parking garage will open directly to the casino. The meeting and entertainment space that was taken over when the casino barge was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina will return and a new casino will be built between the garage and building.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities