Bill co-authored by Harper signed into law by President
Published: January 11,2013
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has signed in to law a bill co-sponsored by Rep. Gregg Harper, R-Miss., to remove a mandate requiring the distribution of a booklet reporting motor vehicle insurance costs.
Harper says in a statement that the law eliminates the outdated and unnecessary mandatory printing of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) annual booklet titled, “Relative Collision Insurance Cost Information.”
Harper and the National Automobile Dealers Association say the pamphlet compares differences in insurance costs among vehicles on the basis of damage susceptibility. However, Harper and the organization say the publication is rarely used and is not useful.
While the mandatory printing regulation would be eliminated, the NHTSA will maintain authority to publish this data on its website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that