Bill co-authored by Harper signed into law by President
Published: January 11,2013
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has signed in to law a bill co-sponsored by Rep. Gregg Harper, R-Miss., to remove a mandate requiring the distribution of a booklet reporting motor vehicle insurance costs.
Harper says in a statement that the law eliminates the outdated and unnecessary mandatory printing of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) annual booklet titled, “Relative Collision Insurance Cost Information.”
Harper and the National Automobile Dealers Association say the pamphlet compares differences in insurance costs among vehicles on the basis of damage susceptibility. However, Harper and the organization say the publication is rarely used and is not useful.
While the mandatory printing regulation would be eliminated, the NHTSA will maintain authority to publish this data on its website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics