Entergy earns another EEI award for disaster response
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2013
Tags: award, disaster, disaster recovery, electricity, emergency, energy, flood, flooding, hurricane, natural disaster, poweer, rain, response, storm surge, superstorm, tornado, utility, Weather, wind
NEW ORLEANS — The Edison Electric Institute has again honored Entergy Corporation with the association’s 2012 Emergency Recovery Award and Emergency Assistance Award, this time for the utility’s work restoring power to its own customers following Hurricane Isaac and to customers of other utilities after Hurricane Sandy and last June’s derecho weather event.
This is the 15th consecutive year Entergy has received an EEI national storm restoration award. According to Entergy, it is the only utility in the country to have won a restoration award every year since the awards’ inception.
The electric power industry’s Emergency Recovery and Assistance Awards have been presented each year since 1998 to EEI member electric utility companies. The recovery award recognizes extraordinary efforts undertaken to restore electrical service following severe weather conditions or natural events. The assistance award recognizes electric service restoration efforts to another utility company that has been disrupted by severe weather conditions or other natural events.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions