Entergy earns another EEI award for disaster response
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2013
Tags: award, disaster, disaster recovery, electricity, emergency, energy, flood, flooding, hurricane, natural disaster, poweer, rain, response, storm surge, superstorm, tornado, utility, Weather, wind
NEW ORLEANS — The Edison Electric Institute has again honored Entergy Corporation with the association’s 2012 Emergency Recovery Award and Emergency Assistance Award, this time for the utility’s work restoring power to its own customers following Hurricane Isaac and to customers of other utilities after Hurricane Sandy and last June’s derecho weather event.
This is the 15th consecutive year Entergy has received an EEI national storm restoration award. According to Entergy, it is the only utility in the country to have won a restoration award every year since the awards’ inception.
The electric power industry’s Emergency Recovery and Assistance Awards have been presented each year since 1998 to EEI member electric utility companies. The recovery award recognizes extraordinary efforts undertaken to restore electrical service following severe weather conditions or natural events. The assistance award recognizes electric service restoration efforts to another utility company that has been disrupted by severe weather conditions or other natural events.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House