Reward offered for leads on gun-shot water tower
Published: January 11,2013
BROOKHAVEN — Officials are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction related to vandalism at a Brookhaven water tower.
The Daily Leader reports two gunshots pierced the tank near the end of December and water was leaking from the tower. The tower was drained Tuesday and repairs have begun.
Officials say repairs will cost about $12,000.
Officials say there will be additional costs of sterilizing the tank, refilling it with water and sampling the water for purity.
City officials say if there’s an arrest, they will bring charges of destruction of city property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case