Reward offered for leads on gun-shot water tower
by Associated Press
Published: January 11,2013
BROOKHAVEN — Officials are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction related to vandalism at a Brookhaven water tower.
The Daily Leader reports two gunshots pierced the tank near the end of December and water was leaking from the tower. The tower was drained Tuesday and repairs have begun.
Officials say repairs will cost about $12,000.
Officials say there will be additional costs of sterilizing the tank, refilling it with water and sampling the water for purity.
City officials say if there’s an arrest, they will bring charges of destruction of city property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi