Reward offered for leads on gun-shot water tower
Published: January 11,2013
BROOKHAVEN — Officials are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction related to vandalism at a Brookhaven water tower.
The Daily Leader reports two gunshots pierced the tank near the end of December and water was leaking from the tower. The tower was drained Tuesday and repairs have begun.
Officials say repairs will cost about $12,000.
Officials say there will be additional costs of sterilizing the tank, refilling it with water and sampling the water for purity.
City officials say if there’s an arrest, they will bring charges of destruction of city property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015