Reward offered for leads on gun-shot water tower
Published: January 11,2013
BROOKHAVEN — Officials are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction related to vandalism at a Brookhaven water tower.
The Daily Leader reports two gunshots pierced the tank near the end of December and water was leaking from the tower. The tower was drained Tuesday and repairs have begun.
Officials say repairs will cost about $12,000.
Officials say there will be additional costs of sterilizing the tank, refilling it with water and sampling the water for purity.
City officials say if there’s an arrest, they will bring charges of destruction of city property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones