Reward offered for leads on gun-shot water tower
Published: January 11,2013
BROOKHAVEN — Officials are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction related to vandalism at a Brookhaven water tower.
The Daily Leader reports two gunshots pierced the tank near the end of December and water was leaking from the tower. The tower was drained Tuesday and repairs have begun.
Officials say repairs will cost about $12,000.
Officials say there will be additional costs of sterilizing the tank, refilling it with water and sampling the water for purity.
City officials say if there’s an arrest, they will bring charges of destruction of city property.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings