Trial date set for fatal buttocks implant case
Published: January 11,2013
JACKSON — A suspect charged in Mississippi with the cosmetic buttocks injection blamed in the death of a Georgia woman has been set for trial in April.
WLBT-TV reports Tracey Lynn Garner, also known as Morris Garner, is set for trial April 8 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Garner is one of two people have been charged in the death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta.
Authorities say Gordon died from blood clots in her lungs a few days after being injected with “a silicone substance” March 16 at a house in Jackson.
Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer who goes by the name Pebbelz Da Model, was arrested Jan. 3 in Memphis, Tenn. She is expected back in Mississippi this week to face charges.
They’re each charged with depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves