Trial date set for fatal buttocks implant case
by Associated Press
Published: January 11,2013
JACKSON — A suspect charged in Mississippi with the cosmetic buttocks injection blamed in the death of a Georgia woman has been set for trial in April.
WLBT-TV reports Tracey Lynn Garner, also known as Morris Garner, is set for trial April 8 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Garner is one of two people have been charged in the death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta.
Authorities say Gordon died from blood clots in her lungs a few days after being injected with “a silicone substance” March 16 at a house in Jackson.
Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer who goes by the name Pebbelz Da Model, was arrested Jan. 3 in Memphis, Tenn. She is expected back in Mississippi this week to face charges.
They’re each charged with depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'