Trial date set for fatal buttocks implant case
Published: January 11,2013
JACKSON — A suspect charged in Mississippi with the cosmetic buttocks injection blamed in the death of a Georgia woman has been set for trial in April.
WLBT-TV reports Tracey Lynn Garner, also known as Morris Garner, is set for trial April 8 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Garner is one of two people have been charged in the death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta.
Authorities say Gordon died from blood clots in her lungs a few days after being injected with “a silicone substance” March 16 at a house in Jackson.
Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer who goes by the name Pebbelz Da Model, was arrested Jan. 3 in Memphis, Tenn. She is expected back in Mississippi this week to face charges.
They’re each charged with depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation