Trial date set for fatal buttocks implant case
by Associated Press
Published: January 11,2013
JACKSON — A suspect charged in Mississippi with the cosmetic buttocks injection blamed in the death of a Georgia woman has been set for trial in April.
WLBT-TV reports Tracey Lynn Garner, also known as Morris Garner, is set for trial April 8 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Garner is one of two people have been charged in the death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta.
Authorities say Gordon died from blood clots in her lungs a few days after being injected with “a silicone substance” March 16 at a house in Jackson.
Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer who goes by the name Pebbelz Da Model, was arrested Jan. 3 in Memphis, Tenn. She is expected back in Mississippi this week to face charges.
They’re each charged with depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi