Trial date set for fatal buttocks implant case
Published: January 11,2013
JACKSON — A suspect charged in Mississippi with the cosmetic buttocks injection blamed in the death of a Georgia woman has been set for trial in April.
WLBT-TV reports Tracey Lynn Garner, also known as Morris Garner, is set for trial April 8 in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Garner is one of two people have been charged in the death of 37-year-old Karima Gordon of Atlanta.
Authorities say Gordon died from blood clots in her lungs a few days after being injected with “a silicone substance” March 16 at a house in Jackson.
Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer who goes by the name Pebbelz Da Model, was arrested Jan. 3 in Memphis, Tenn. She is expected back in Mississippi this week to face charges.
They’re each charged with depraved-heart murder.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter