Association honors Koerber
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 14,2013
The National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts has named James A. Koerber, CPA/ABV, CVA, CFE, CFF, shareholder of The Koerber Company, P.A., as an Outstanding Member for the fourth quarter 2012. Koerber attended Mississippi State University (banking and finance) and Louisiana State University (accounting) and has been either working for a CPA firm or in the industry since 1976.
He has been an active member of the Mississippi Society of CPAs (past chairman of the Business Valuation & Litigation Services Committee), the Society of Louisiana CPAs (past chairman of the Litigation Services Committee), the American Institute of CPAs (past member of the National Fraud/Litigation Steering Committee) and NACVA (past president of the Mississippi State NACVA chapter and past National State chapter chairman). He has been a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences, including NACVA conferences, for attorneys, judges, business valuators, and CPAs. He has also been invited to speak to law school students at the University of Mississippi and Mississippi College.
Koerber is married to Melinda. They have two children: Emily, who is The Koerber Company’s administrator and advisor; and Christian. They also have two granddaughters, Lillian Claire Montgomery (age 6) and Lacy Gray Montgomery (age 2), who refer to their grandfather as “Big Daddy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability