Association honors Koerber
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 14,2013
The National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts has named James A. Koerber, CPA/ABV, CVA, CFE, CFF, shareholder of The Koerber Company, P.A., as an Outstanding Member for the fourth quarter 2012. Koerber attended Mississippi State University (banking and finance) and Louisiana State University (accounting) and has been either working for a CPA firm or in the industry since 1976.
He has been an active member of the Mississippi Society of CPAs (past chairman of the Business Valuation & Litigation Services Committee), the Society of Louisiana CPAs (past chairman of the Litigation Services Committee), the American Institute of CPAs (past member of the National Fraud/Litigation Steering Committee) and NACVA (past president of the Mississippi State NACVA chapter and past National State chapter chairman). He has been a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences, including NACVA conferences, for attorneys, judges, business valuators, and CPAs. He has also been invited to speak to law school students at the University of Mississippi and Mississippi College.
Koerber is married to Melinda. They have two children: Emily, who is The Koerber Company’s administrator and advisor; and Christian. They also have two granddaughters, Lillian Claire Montgomery (age 6) and Lacy Gray Montgomery (age 2), who refer to their grandfather as “Big Daddy.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics