Craft beer festival set for March
Published: January 14,2013
TUPELO — This city will host a craft beer festival with samples of at least 60 different beers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the March 2 festival in comes about a year after the state enacted a law increasing the legal limit of alcohol by weight in beer. The law opened the state for more imported and domestic craft beers.
Matt Leff of Nashville-based Rhizome Productions says he is working with local distributors, retailers, restaurants and breweries to have them represented at the event.
Tickets are $35 online or $40 at the gate. Only adults at least 21 years old will be allowed to buy the 1,000 available tickets.
The ticket price includes a glass brandy snifter for tasting samples of 60 to 80 beers from at least 25 breweries.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes