Craft beer festival set for March
by Associated Press
Published: January 14,2013
TUPELO — This city will host a craft beer festival with samples of at least 60 different beers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the March 2 festival in comes about a year after the state enacted a law increasing the legal limit of alcohol by weight in beer. The law opened the state for more imported and domestic craft beers.
Matt Leff of Nashville-based Rhizome Productions says he is working with local distributors, retailers, restaurants and breweries to have them represented at the event.
Tickets are $35 online or $40 at the gate. Only adults at least 21 years old will be allowed to buy the 1,000 available tickets.
The ticket price includes a glass brandy snifter for tasting samples of 60 to 80 beers from at least 25 breweries.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones