Craft beer festival set for March
Published: January 14,2013
TUPELO — This city will host a craft beer festival with samples of at least 60 different beers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports the March 2 festival in comes about a year after the state enacted a law increasing the legal limit of alcohol by weight in beer. The law opened the state for more imported and domestic craft beers.
Matt Leff of Nashville-based Rhizome Productions says he is working with local distributors, retailers, restaurants and breweries to have them represented at the event.
Tickets are $35 online or $40 at the gate. Only adults at least 21 years old will be allowed to buy the 1,000 available tickets.
The ticket price includes a glass brandy snifter for tasting samples of 60 to 80 beers from at least 25 breweries.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter