State accepting new travel permit for horse events
by Associated Press
Published: January 14,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi and Louisiana are among more than a dozen states participating in a new interstate travel permit for horse events.
Officials say the Equine Interstate Event Permit allows horses and their owners to travel to events in participating states for six months. The permit can be used in lieu of a 30-day certificate of veterinary inspection.
The permit can be obtained from an accredited veterinarian.
Other participating states include Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State accepting new travel permit for horse events”
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county