State accepting new travel permit for horse events
Published: January 14,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi and Louisiana are among more than a dozen states participating in a new interstate travel permit for horse events.
Officials say the Equine Interstate Event Permit allows horses and their owners to travel to events in participating states for six months. The permit can be used in lieu of a 30-day certificate of veterinary inspection.
The permit can be obtained from an accredited veterinarian.
Other participating states include Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State accepting new travel permit for horse events”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image