State accepting new travel permit for horse events
Published: January 14,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi and Louisiana are among more than a dozen states participating in a new interstate travel permit for horse events.
Officials say the Equine Interstate Event Permit allows horses and their owners to travel to events in participating states for six months. The permit can be used in lieu of a 30-day certificate of veterinary inspection.
The permit can be obtained from an accredited veterinarian.
Other participating states include Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and New York.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “State accepting new travel permit for horse events”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove