AG reminding consumers of settlement deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
JACKSON — Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding Mississippians that all claims applications covered by the National Mortgage Settlement are due Jan. 18.
The State of Mississippi joined 49 other states in a $25-billion joint state-federal mortgage servicing settlement with the nation’s five largest mortgage servicers over unacceptable mortgage servicing practices. Mississippi was awarded $47.1 million in relief for eligible homeowners.
The foreclosure payments provided under the national settlement affect borrowers who lost their home to foreclosure between Jan. 1, 2008 and Dec. 31, 2011. Impacted borrowers should have received a notice letter and claim form in late September through early October 2012.
Borrowers who have questions or need help filing their claim may contact the settlement administrator toll-free at 1-866-430-8358 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information is available at www.nationalmortgagesettlement.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports