AG reminding consumers of settlement deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
JACKSON — Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding Mississippians that all claims applications covered by the National Mortgage Settlement are due Jan. 18.
The State of Mississippi joined 49 other states in a $25-billion joint state-federal mortgage servicing settlement with the nation’s five largest mortgage servicers over unacceptable mortgage servicing practices. Mississippi was awarded $47.1 million in relief for eligible homeowners.
The foreclosure payments provided under the national settlement affect borrowers who lost their home to foreclosure between Jan. 1, 2008 and Dec. 31, 2011. Impacted borrowers should have received a notice letter and claim form in late September through early October 2012.
Borrowers who have questions or need help filing their claim may contact the settlement administrator toll-free at 1-866-430-8358 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information is available at www.nationalmortgagesettlement.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal