AG reminding consumers of settlement deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
JACKSON — Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding Mississippians that all claims applications covered by the National Mortgage Settlement are due Jan. 18.
The State of Mississippi joined 49 other states in a $25-billion joint state-federal mortgage servicing settlement with the nation’s five largest mortgage servicers over unacceptable mortgage servicing practices. Mississippi was awarded $47.1 million in relief for eligible homeowners.
The foreclosure payments provided under the national settlement affect borrowers who lost their home to foreclosure between Jan. 1, 2008 and Dec. 31, 2011. Impacted borrowers should have received a notice letter and claim form in late September through early October 2012.
Borrowers who have questions or need help filing their claim may contact the settlement administrator toll-free at 1-866-430-8358 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information is available at www.nationalmortgagesettlement.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three