Choice Hotels adds Miss. properties for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Choice Hotels International has added 46 hotels to its family of brands.
Under an agreement reached with affiliates of Colony Capital, LLC, including Colony Financial Inc., and hospitality management company Aimbridge Hospitality, the properties will be franchised under the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge brands.
The addition of these hotels, which all formerly operated as Jameson Inns, is Choice Hotels’ largest single conversion transaction, excluding brand acquisitions, according to the company.
Financial details were not disclosed.
The newly Choice-branded hotels are located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Under this agreement, the hotels will be managed by Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county