Choice Hotels adds Miss. properties for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Choice Hotels International has added 46 hotels to its family of brands.
Under an agreement reached with affiliates of Colony Capital, LLC, including Colony Financial Inc., and hospitality management company Aimbridge Hospitality, the properties will be franchised under the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge brands.
The addition of these hotels, which all formerly operated as Jameson Inns, is Choice Hotels’ largest single conversion transaction, excluding brand acquisitions, according to the company.
Financial details were not disclosed.
The newly Choice-branded hotels are located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Under this agreement, the hotels will be managed by Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014