Choice Hotels adds Miss. properties for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Choice Hotels International has added 46 hotels to its family of brands.
Under an agreement reached with affiliates of Colony Capital, LLC, including Colony Financial Inc., and hospitality management company Aimbridge Hospitality, the properties will be franchised under the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge brands.
The addition of these hotels, which all formerly operated as Jameson Inns, is Choice Hotels’ largest single conversion transaction, excluding brand acquisitions, according to the company.
Financial details were not disclosed.
The newly Choice-branded hotels are located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Under this agreement, the hotels will be managed by Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions