Choice Hotels adds Miss. properties for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Choice Hotels International has added 46 hotels to its family of brands.
Under an agreement reached with affiliates of Colony Capital, LLC, including Colony Financial Inc., and hospitality management company Aimbridge Hospitality, the properties will be franchised under the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge brands.
The addition of these hotels, which all formerly operated as Jameson Inns, is Choice Hotels’ largest single conversion transaction, excluding brand acquisitions, according to the company.
Financial details were not disclosed.
The newly Choice-branded hotels are located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Under this agreement, the hotels will be managed by Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three