Choice Hotels adds Miss. properties for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Choice Hotels International has added 46 hotels to its family of brands.
Under an agreement reached with affiliates of Colony Capital, LLC, including Colony Financial Inc., and hospitality management company Aimbridge Hospitality, the properties will be franchised under the Quality Inn, Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge brands.
The addition of these hotels, which all formerly operated as Jameson Inns, is Choice Hotels’ largest single conversion transaction, excluding brand acquisitions, according to the company.
Financial details were not disclosed.
The newly Choice-branded hotels are located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
Under this agreement, the hotels will be managed by Dallas-based Aimbridge Hospitality.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry