Ice storm warning extended through tomorrow morning
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — An ice storm warning is effect until tomorrow morning for parts of northern Mississippi.
That area includes the cities of Clarksdale, Corinth, Oxford and Tunica.
Other parts of the Mississippi Delta were under an ice storm warning until today at 6 p.m., but forecasters say it’s possible it could be extended.
Daniel Lamb, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Jackson, says ice has accumulated on bridges and some roads.
Numerous public schools in north Mississippi and the University of Mississippi were closing today because of the storms.
Late lasdtday night, Gov. Phil Bryant declared a state of emergency in several counties. Bryant’s office said at least 45 counties had reported being affected by the storms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits