Ice storm warning extended through tomorrow morning
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — An ice storm warning is effect until tomorrow morning for parts of northern Mississippi.
That area includes the cities of Clarksdale, Corinth, Oxford and Tunica.
Other parts of the Mississippi Delta were under an ice storm warning until today at 6 p.m., but forecasters say it’s possible it could be extended.
Daniel Lamb, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Jackson, says ice has accumulated on bridges and some roads.
Numerous public schools in north Mississippi and the University of Mississippi were closing today because of the storms.
Late lasdtday night, Gov. Phil Bryant declared a state of emergency in several counties. Bryant’s office said at least 45 counties had reported being affected by the storms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics