Ice storm warning extended through tomorrow morning
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — An ice storm warning is effect until tomorrow morning for parts of northern Mississippi.
That area includes the cities of Clarksdale, Corinth, Oxford and Tunica.
Other parts of the Mississippi Delta were under an ice storm warning until today at 6 p.m., but forecasters say it’s possible it could be extended.
Daniel Lamb, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Jackson, says ice has accumulated on bridges and some roads.
Numerous public schools in north Mississippi and the University of Mississippi were closing today because of the storms.
Late lasdtday night, Gov. Phil Bryant declared a state of emergency in several counties. Bryant’s office said at least 45 counties had reported being affected by the storms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M