Ice storm warning extended through tomorrow morning
by Associated Press
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — An ice storm warning is effect until tomorrow morning for parts of northern Mississippi.
That area includes the cities of Clarksdale, Corinth, Oxford and Tunica.
Other parts of the Mississippi Delta were under an ice storm warning until today at 6 p.m., but forecasters say it’s possible it could be extended.
Daniel Lamb, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Jackson, says ice has accumulated on bridges and some roads.
Numerous public schools in north Mississippi and the University of Mississippi were closing today because of the storms.
Late lasdtday night, Gov. Phil Bryant declared a state of emergency in several counties. Bryant’s office said at least 45 counties had reported being affected by the storms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development