Ice storm warning extended through tomorrow morning
Published: January 15,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — An ice storm warning is effect until tomorrow morning for parts of northern Mississippi.
That area includes the cities of Clarksdale, Corinth, Oxford and Tunica.
Other parts of the Mississippi Delta were under an ice storm warning until today at 6 p.m., but forecasters say it’s possible it could be extended.
Daniel Lamb, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Jackson, says ice has accumulated on bridges and some roads.
Numerous public schools in north Mississippi and the University of Mississippi were closing today because of the storms.
Late lasdtday night, Gov. Phil Bryant declared a state of emergency in several counties. Bryant’s office said at least 45 counties had reported being affected by the storms.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband