Citing building’s structural problems, Sam’s Club might relocate
by Associated Press
Published: January 16,2013
JACKSON and MADISON — Officials say the Sam’s Club in north Jackson is considering a move to Madison because of structural problems with its existing building.
Officials with Sam’s Club, parent company Wal-Mart, and the mayor of Madison haven’t said much about the possible move.
Jerry Cook, Madison’s economic development director, told The Clarion-Ledger last week that talks about the move have taken place.
Jackson business leaders say they are concerned about Sam’s Club leaving its existing location on County Line Road.
Representatives with the Jackson Chamber of Commerce met with Sam’s Club officials near the end of the year but said they haven’t heard whether a move is imminent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Citing building’s structural problems, Sam’s Club might relocate”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'