Citing building’s structural problems, Sam’s Club might relocate
Published: January 16,2013
JACKSON and MADISON — Officials say the Sam’s Club in north Jackson is considering a move to Madison because of structural problems with its existing building.
Officials with Sam’s Club, parent company Wal-Mart, and the mayor of Madison haven’t said much about the possible move.
Jerry Cook, Madison’s economic development director, told The Clarion-Ledger last week that talks about the move have taken place.
Jackson business leaders say they are concerned about Sam’s Club leaving its existing location on County Line Road.
Representatives with the Jackson Chamber of Commerce met with Sam’s Club officials near the end of the year but said they haven’t heard whether a move is imminent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Citing building’s structural problems, Sam’s Club might relocate”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'