Citing building’s structural problems, Sam’s Club might relocate
Published: January 16,2013
JACKSON and MADISON — Officials say the Sam’s Club in north Jackson is considering a move to Madison because of structural problems with its existing building.
Officials with Sam’s Club, parent company Wal-Mart, and the mayor of Madison haven’t said much about the possible move.
Jerry Cook, Madison’s economic development director, told The Clarion-Ledger last week that talks about the move have taken place.
Jackson business leaders say they are concerned about Sam’s Club leaving its existing location on County Line Road.
Representatives with the Jackson Chamber of Commerce met with Sam’s Club officials near the end of the year but said they haven’t heard whether a move is imminent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Citing building’s structural problems, Sam’s Club might relocate”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win