Mayor to nominate late councilman’s widow to fill seat
Published: January 16,2013
BILOXI — Mayor A.J. Holloway says he will nominate Arleen Wall to fill the unexpired Biloxi City Council term of her late husband, Tom Wall.
The Sun Herald reports Holloway said he would make the recommendation at next Tuesday’s meeting. The council must approve his nominee.
Wall died Jan. 7, and the council asked for a moment of silence at the beginning of yesterday’s meeting in his honor.
In other action, the council approved a tax-abatement for Golden Nugget, which is investing $100 million to renovate and enlarge the former Isle Casino Biloxi. The city recently gave Hard Rock Casino the same abatement for the hotel tower it’s building. The tax incentive forgives the additional property tax on the improved value of the casinos for seven years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers