Mayor to nominate late councilman’s widow to fill seat
Published: January 16,2013
BILOXI — Mayor A.J. Holloway says he will nominate Arleen Wall to fill the unexpired Biloxi City Council term of her late husband, Tom Wall.
The Sun Herald reports Holloway said he would make the recommendation at next Tuesday’s meeting. The council must approve his nominee.
Wall died Jan. 7, and the council asked for a moment of silence at the beginning of yesterday’s meeting in his honor.
In other action, the council approved a tax-abatement for Golden Nugget, which is investing $100 million to renovate and enlarge the former Isle Casino Biloxi. The city recently gave Hard Rock Casino the same abatement for the hotel tower it’s building. The tax incentive forgives the additional property tax on the improved value of the casinos for seven years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million