Isle-Natchez ousts general manager/VP, gives no reason
Published: January 18,2013
Tags: casino, convention, entertainment, food, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, management, meeting, night life, restaurant, senior management, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
NATCHEZ — Isle of Capri Casino Natchez changed its top management with the ouster of vice president and general manager Tony Scudiero.
Jill Alexander, senior director of corporate communications for Isle of Capri Casinos based in St. Louis, declined to explain the cause for the management change.
The Natchez Democrat reports the management shake-up occurred as Natchez’s second casino, Magnolia Bluffs Casino, that began operation in December, celebrated its official grand opening just up river from the Isle’s location.
For nearly 20 years, the Isle was the only casino in Natchez.
Alexander would not say if the addition of a new casino in the market prompted the management change.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point