Isle-Natchez ousts general manager/VP, gives no reason
Published: January 18,2013
Tags: casino, convention, entertainment, food, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, management, meeting, night life, restaurant, senior management, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
NATCHEZ — Isle of Capri Casino Natchez changed its top management with the ouster of vice president and general manager Tony Scudiero.
Jill Alexander, senior director of corporate communications for Isle of Capri Casinos based in St. Louis, declined to explain the cause for the management change.
The Natchez Democrat reports the management shake-up occurred as Natchez’s second casino, Magnolia Bluffs Casino, that began operation in December, celebrated its official grand opening just up river from the Isle’s location.
For nearly 20 years, the Isle was the only casino in Natchez.
Alexander would not say if the addition of a new casino in the market prompted the management change.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues