CVB begins search for new tourism director after shakeup
by Associated Press
Published: January 21,2013
CORINTH — The Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a search for a new tourism director after accepting the resignation of Kristy White from the position.
The Daily Corinthian reports the organization’s board of directors is advertising the position and expects to take applications for about three weeks
New board president Luke Doehner said a committee will interview applicants.
Doehner said four people already have submitted resumes.
City and Alcorn County leaders have expressed a desire for the director to be a local person familiar with the Corinth area, he said.
The convention bureau is rebuilding after a dispute over the tourism office budget resulted in city aldermen and county supervisors ousting the board and replacing it with new members. Only two members returned to the board, including Doehner.
New members are Billy Taylor, Danny Timmons, Russell Smith, Laura Albright and Sandy Mitchell.
The removal of the board was followed by the resignation of White, who had been tourism director since 2007, and Karen Beth Martin, program director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain