CVB begins search for new tourism director after shakeup
Published: January 21,2013
CORINTH — The Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a search for a new tourism director after accepting the resignation of Kristy White from the position.
The Daily Corinthian reports the organization’s board of directors is advertising the position and expects to take applications for about three weeks
New board president Luke Doehner said a committee will interview applicants.
Doehner said four people already have submitted resumes.
City and Alcorn County leaders have expressed a desire for the director to be a local person familiar with the Corinth area, he said.
The convention bureau is rebuilding after a dispute over the tourism office budget resulted in city aldermen and county supervisors ousting the board and replacing it with new members. Only two members returned to the board, including Doehner.
New members are Billy Taylor, Danny Timmons, Russell Smith, Laura Albright and Sandy Mitchell.
The removal of the board was followed by the resignation of White, who had been tourism director since 2007, and Karen Beth Martin, program director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete