CVB begins search for new tourism director after shakeup
Published: January 21,2013
CORINTH — The Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a search for a new tourism director after accepting the resignation of Kristy White from the position.
The Daily Corinthian reports the organization’s board of directors is advertising the position and expects to take applications for about three weeks
New board president Luke Doehner said a committee will interview applicants.
Doehner said four people already have submitted resumes.
City and Alcorn County leaders have expressed a desire for the director to be a local person familiar with the Corinth area, he said.
The convention bureau is rebuilding after a dispute over the tourism office budget resulted in city aldermen and county supervisors ousting the board and replacing it with new members. Only two members returned to the board, including Doehner.
New members are Billy Taylor, Danny Timmons, Russell Smith, Laura Albright and Sandy Mitchell.
The removal of the board was followed by the resignation of White, who had been tourism director since 2007, and Karen Beth Martin, program director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders