CVB begins search for new tourism director after shakeup
Published: January 21,2013
CORINTH — The Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a search for a new tourism director after accepting the resignation of Kristy White from the position.
The Daily Corinthian reports the organization’s board of directors is advertising the position and expects to take applications for about three weeks
New board president Luke Doehner said a committee will interview applicants.
Doehner said four people already have submitted resumes.
City and Alcorn County leaders have expressed a desire for the director to be a local person familiar with the Corinth area, he said.
The convention bureau is rebuilding after a dispute over the tourism office budget resulted in city aldermen and county supervisors ousting the board and replacing it with new members. Only two members returned to the board, including Doehner.
New members are Billy Taylor, Danny Timmons, Russell Smith, Laura Albright and Sandy Mitchell.
The removal of the board was followed by the resignation of White, who had been tourism director since 2007, and Karen Beth Martin, program director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal