CVB begins search for new tourism director after shakeup
Published: January 21,2013
CORINTH — The Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a search for a new tourism director after accepting the resignation of Kristy White from the position.
The Daily Corinthian reports the organization’s board of directors is advertising the position and expects to take applications for about three weeks
New board president Luke Doehner said a committee will interview applicants.
Doehner said four people already have submitted resumes.
City and Alcorn County leaders have expressed a desire for the director to be a local person familiar with the Corinth area, he said.
The convention bureau is rebuilding after a dispute over the tourism office budget resulted in city aldermen and county supervisors ousting the board and replacing it with new members. Only two members returned to the board, including Doehner.
New members are Billy Taylor, Danny Timmons, Russell Smith, Laura Albright and Sandy Mitchell.
The removal of the board was followed by the resignation of White, who had been tourism director since 2007, and Karen Beth Martin, program director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player