City revisits future of historic building following fire
Published: January 22,2013
MERIDIAN — A recent fire in Meridian’s tallest structure has renewed talk about what should be done with the building.
Meridian Mayor Cheri Barry tells WTOK TV the fire on the 12th floor of the “Threefoot” building remains under investigation.
Meanwhile, Barry said, the city is looking for entrepreneurs who might have ideas for the property.
The building has been empty for years. Barry says the city doesn’t have money to renovate it or to demolish it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner