City revisits future of historic building following fire
by Associated Press
Published: January 22,2013
MERIDIAN — A recent fire in Meridian’s tallest structure has renewed talk about what should be done with the building.
Meridian Mayor Cheri Barry tells WTOK TV the fire on the 12th floor of the “Threefoot” building remains under investigation.
Meanwhile, Barry said, the city is looking for entrepreneurs who might have ideas for the property.
The building has been empty for years. Barry says the city doesn’t have money to renovate it or to demolish it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections