City revisits future of historic building following fire
Published: January 22,2013
MERIDIAN — A recent fire in Meridian’s tallest structure has renewed talk about what should be done with the building.
Meridian Mayor Cheri Barry tells WTOK TV the fire on the 12th floor of the “Threefoot” building remains under investigation.
Meanwhile, Barry said, the city is looking for entrepreneurs who might have ideas for the property.
The building has been empty for years. Barry says the city doesn’t have money to renovate it or to demolish it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete