City revisits future of historic building following fire
Published: January 22,2013
MERIDIAN — A recent fire in Meridian’s tallest structure has renewed talk about what should be done with the building.
Meridian Mayor Cheri Barry tells WTOK TV the fire on the 12th floor of the “Threefoot” building remains under investigation.
Meanwhile, Barry said, the city is looking for entrepreneurs who might have ideas for the property.
The building has been empty for years. Barry says the city doesn’t have money to renovate it or to demolish it.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics