Military officials to show off new training facility
by Associated Press
Published: January 22,2013
FORREST COUNTY — Camp Shelby is scheduled to unveil Thursday new high-tech trainings areas for urban combat maneuvers and operations.
The $10.5-million Combined Arms Collective Training Facility features 35 buildings on 14 acres equipped with 193 cameras, 30 Human Urban Terrain targets, 15 Stationary Infantry Targets and On-Screen “After-Action Review” capabilities.
The fully automated Live-Fire Shoot House is a $3 million facility with 2,070 square feet equipped with 16 cameras and 11 targets that provide real-world environmental training and immediate feedback for urban maneuver operations. The Shoot House features On-Screen “After-Action Review” capability with more than 3.5 hours of recording capacity.
The Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center is located off U.S. 49 south of Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects