Military officials to show off new training facility
Published: January 22,2013
FORREST COUNTY — Camp Shelby is scheduled to unveil Thursday new high-tech trainings areas for urban combat maneuvers and operations.
The $10.5-million Combined Arms Collective Training Facility features 35 buildings on 14 acres equipped with 193 cameras, 30 Human Urban Terrain targets, 15 Stationary Infantry Targets and On-Screen “After-Action Review” capabilities.
The fully automated Live-Fire Shoot House is a $3 million facility with 2,070 square feet equipped with 16 cameras and 11 targets that provide real-world environmental training and immediate feedback for urban maneuver operations. The Shoot House features On-Screen “After-Action Review” capability with more than 3.5 hours of recording capacity.
The Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center is located off U.S. 49 south of Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma