Military officials to show off new training facility
Published: January 22,2013
FORREST COUNTY — Camp Shelby is scheduled to unveil Thursday new high-tech trainings areas for urban combat maneuvers and operations.
The $10.5-million Combined Arms Collective Training Facility features 35 buildings on 14 acres equipped with 193 cameras, 30 Human Urban Terrain targets, 15 Stationary Infantry Targets and On-Screen “After-Action Review” capabilities.
The fully automated Live-Fire Shoot House is a $3 million facility with 2,070 square feet equipped with 16 cameras and 11 targets that provide real-world environmental training and immediate feedback for urban maneuver operations. The Shoot House features On-Screen “After-Action Review” capability with more than 3.5 hours of recording capacity.
The Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center is located off U.S. 49 south of Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19