Military officials to show off new training facility
Published: January 22,2013
FORREST COUNTY — Camp Shelby is scheduled to unveil Thursday new high-tech trainings areas for urban combat maneuvers and operations.
The $10.5-million Combined Arms Collective Training Facility features 35 buildings on 14 acres equipped with 193 cameras, 30 Human Urban Terrain targets, 15 Stationary Infantry Targets and On-Screen “After-Action Review” capabilities.
The fully automated Live-Fire Shoot House is a $3 million facility with 2,070 square feet equipped with 16 cameras and 11 targets that provide real-world environmental training and immediate feedback for urban maneuver operations. The Shoot House features On-Screen “After-Action Review” capability with more than 3.5 hours of recording capacity.
The Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center is located off U.S. 49 south of Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location