Military officials to show off new training facility
Published: January 22,2013
FORREST COUNTY — Camp Shelby is scheduled to unveil Thursday new high-tech trainings areas for urban combat maneuvers and operations.
The $10.5-million Combined Arms Collective Training Facility features 35 buildings on 14 acres equipped with 193 cameras, 30 Human Urban Terrain targets, 15 Stationary Infantry Targets and On-Screen “After-Action Review” capabilities.
The fully automated Live-Fire Shoot House is a $3 million facility with 2,070 square feet equipped with 16 cameras and 11 targets that provide real-world environmental training and immediate feedback for urban maneuver operations. The Shoot House features On-Screen “After-Action Review” capability with more than 3.5 hours of recording capacity.
The Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center is located off U.S. 49 south of Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete