North Carolina-based company sites plant
Published: January 24,2013
NATCHEZ — Towel and tissue supplier von Drehle Corp. of Hickory, N.C., has announced it will locate a manufacturing plant in Natchez.
Officials say in a news release that the company, which provides paper products to commercial and industrial consumers nationwide, will create at least 100 new jobs.
Von Drehle acquired the former Mississippi River Pulp facility, which closed in 2012.
Randy Bergman, chief operating officer of the von Drehle Corp., says from the new Natchez location, von Drehle will manufacture paper products formerly produced by Mississippi River Pulp as well as its own product lines.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided guidance on available tax incentives. In addition, Adams County is providing support for the project.
Von Drehle has operations in North Carolina, Nevada and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force