North Carolina-based company sites plant
Published: January 24,2013
NATCHEZ — Towel and tissue supplier von Drehle Corp. of Hickory, N.C., has announced it will locate a manufacturing plant in Natchez.
Officials say in a news release that the company, which provides paper products to commercial and industrial consumers nationwide, will create at least 100 new jobs.
Von Drehle acquired the former Mississippi River Pulp facility, which closed in 2012.
Randy Bergman, chief operating officer of the von Drehle Corp., says from the new Natchez location, von Drehle will manufacture paper products formerly produced by Mississippi River Pulp as well as its own product lines.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided guidance on available tax incentives. In addition, Adams County is providing support for the project.
Von Drehle has operations in North Carolina, Nevada and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center