North Carolina-based company sites plant
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2013
NATCHEZ — Towel and tissue supplier von Drehle Corp. of Hickory, N.C., has announced it will locate a manufacturing plant in Natchez.
Officials say in a news release that the company, which provides paper products to commercial and industrial consumers nationwide, will create at least 100 new jobs.
Von Drehle acquired the former Mississippi River Pulp facility, which closed in 2012.
Randy Bergman, chief operating officer of the von Drehle Corp., says from the new Natchez location, von Drehle will manufacture paper products formerly produced by Mississippi River Pulp as well as its own product lines.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided guidance on available tax incentives. In addition, Adams County is providing support for the project.
Von Drehle has operations in North Carolina, Nevada and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn