North Carolina-based company sites plant
Published: January 24,2013
NATCHEZ — Towel and tissue supplier von Drehle Corp. of Hickory, N.C., has announced it will locate a manufacturing plant in Natchez.
Officials say in a news release that the company, which provides paper products to commercial and industrial consumers nationwide, will create at least 100 new jobs.
Von Drehle acquired the former Mississippi River Pulp facility, which closed in 2012.
Randy Bergman, chief operating officer of the von Drehle Corp., says from the new Natchez location, von Drehle will manufacture paper products formerly produced by Mississippi River Pulp as well as its own product lines.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided guidance on available tax incentives. In addition, Adams County is providing support for the project.
Von Drehle has operations in North Carolina, Nevada and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma