North Carolina-based company sites plant
Published: January 24,2013
NATCHEZ — Towel and tissue supplier von Drehle Corp. of Hickory, N.C., has announced it will locate a manufacturing plant in Natchez.
Officials say in a news release that the company, which provides paper products to commercial and industrial consumers nationwide, will create at least 100 new jobs.
Von Drehle acquired the former Mississippi River Pulp facility, which closed in 2012.
Randy Bergman, chief operating officer of the von Drehle Corp., says from the new Natchez location, von Drehle will manufacture paper products formerly produced by Mississippi River Pulp as well as its own product lines.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided guidance on available tax incentives. In addition, Adams County is providing support for the project.
Von Drehle has operations in North Carolina, Nevada and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'