Rain undercuts highway; roadbed stretches over gully
Published: January 24,2013
BOVINA — Heavy rain has washed out a chunk of earth below U.S. Highway 80 at Bovina, leaving part of the two-lane highway stretching across a gully six feet wide.
County road manager Buddy Poole tells the Vicksburg Post his crew needs two to three weeks of drying time before repairs can get started. After that, Poole says it will take about two weeks to shore up the road.
Since Jan. 1, the National Weather Service has recorded 12.29 inches of rain in Vicksburg, about nine inches above normal. More than five inches was recorded Jan. 10, which set a record for that date, the weather service said.
U.S. 80 between Bovina and the Hinds County line is maintained by the county.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- ‘No’ means being able to commit to ‘Yes’