Association acknowledges Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Royal P. Walker Jr., executive director of the University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, has received the 2012 Outstanding Achievement Award presented by the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD). Walker received the award during AUCD’s 2012 conference held in Washington, D.C.
IDS executive director since 2008, Walker has a vast background of experience and training in policy leadership. In addition to his many areas of service and leadership at IDS, in Mississippi and nationally, Walker took the lead in addressing policy change for individuals with disabilities and their families.
In 1997, he developed the Home of Your Own (HOYO) housing program. Walker has been a member of the AUCD board of directors, serving as president in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO