Association acknowledges Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Royal P. Walker Jr., executive director of the University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, has received the 2012 Outstanding Achievement Award presented by the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD). Walker received the award during AUCD’s 2012 conference held in Washington, D.C.
IDS executive director since 2008, Walker has a vast background of experience and training in policy leadership. In addition to his many areas of service and leadership at IDS, in Mississippi and nationally, Walker took the lead in addressing policy change for individuals with disabilities and their families.
In 1997, he developed the Home of Your Own (HOYO) housing program. Walker has been a member of the AUCD board of directors, serving as president in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity