Association acknowledges Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Royal P. Walker Jr., executive director of the University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, has received the 2012 Outstanding Achievement Award presented by the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD). Walker received the award during AUCD’s 2012 conference held in Washington, D.C.
IDS executive director since 2008, Walker has a vast background of experience and training in policy leadership. In addition to his many areas of service and leadership at IDS, in Mississippi and nationally, Walker took the lead in addressing policy change for individuals with disabilities and their families.
In 1997, he developed the Home of Your Own (HOYO) housing program. Walker has been a member of the AUCD board of directors, serving as president in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department