Association acknowledges Walker
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Royal P. Walker Jr., executive director of the University of Southern Mississippi Institute for Disability Studies, has received the 2012 Outstanding Achievement Award presented by the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD). Walker received the award during AUCD’s 2012 conference held in Washington, D.C.
IDS executive director since 2008, Walker has a vast background of experience and training in policy leadership. In addition to his many areas of service and leadership at IDS, in Mississippi and nationally, Walker took the lead in addressing policy change for individuals with disabilities and their families.
In 1997, he developed the Home of Your Own (HOYO) housing program. Walker has been a member of the AUCD board of directors, serving as president in 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015