England succeeds Dobbs
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Leslie England of Natchez has been appointed district health officer for Public Health District VII. Public Health District VII includes Adams, Amite, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pike, Walthall and Wilkinson counties. England replaces Dr. Thomas Dobbs who is now the Mississippi State Department of Health’s state epidemiologist.
England received his bachelor of science degree in microbiology in 1971 from Louisiana State University and became a doctor of medicine in 1975 from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He has held many positions in the medical field, including chief of the medical staff, chairman of the board of trustees, editor of the Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association and president of the Homochitto Valley Medical Society.
England currently practices general medicine in Natchez.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division