England succeeds Dobbs
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Leslie England of Natchez has been appointed district health officer for Public Health District VII. Public Health District VII includes Adams, Amite, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pike, Walthall and Wilkinson counties. England replaces Dr. Thomas Dobbs who is now the Mississippi State Department of Health’s state epidemiologist.
England received his bachelor of science degree in microbiology in 1971 from Louisiana State University and became a doctor of medicine in 1975 from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He has held many positions in the medical field, including chief of the medical staff, chairman of the board of trustees, editor of the Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association and president of the Homochitto Valley Medical Society.
England currently practices general medicine in Natchez.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss