England succeeds Dobbs
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Leslie England of Natchez has been appointed district health officer for Public Health District VII. Public Health District VII includes Adams, Amite, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pike, Walthall and Wilkinson counties. England replaces Dr. Thomas Dobbs who is now the Mississippi State Department of Health’s state epidemiologist.
England received his bachelor of science degree in microbiology in 1971 from Louisiana State University and became a doctor of medicine in 1975 from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He has held many positions in the medical field, including chief of the medical staff, chairman of the board of trustees, editor of the Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association and president of the Homochitto Valley Medical Society.
England currently practices general medicine in Natchez.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge