England succeeds Dobbs
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Dr. Leslie England of Natchez has been appointed district health officer for Public Health District VII. Public Health District VII includes Adams, Amite, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Pike, Walthall and Wilkinson counties. England replaces Dr. Thomas Dobbs who is now the Mississippi State Department of Health’s state epidemiologist.
England received his bachelor of science degree in microbiology in 1971 from Louisiana State University and became a doctor of medicine in 1975 from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He has held many positions in the medical field, including chief of the medical staff, chairman of the board of trustees, editor of the Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association and president of the Homochitto Valley Medical Society.
England currently practices general medicine in Natchez.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal