Magazine recognizes Beckett
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney P. Ryan Beckett has been named to the PORTICO 10. For the third year, PORTICO magazine has recognized the top 10 outstanding young lawyers in the metro Jackson area who are nominated by their peers and vetted by a panel of judges.
As a member of Butler Snow’s Commercial Litigation Group and Energy Industry Team, Beckett focuses on energy litigation, elections and governmental litigation, and general business and commercial litigation, including antitrust, banking and consumer lending, sales practices, consumer protection and fraud, unfair competition and trade secrets. Over his more than 13 years in practice, Beckett has successfully defended numerous business and commercial cases, obtained favorable verdicts at trial, and successfully handled appeals to the Mississippi Supreme Court and United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Beckett is AV-rated by his peers through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available, and has been listed for several years as a Mid-South Rising Star in business litigation by Super Lawyers. In 2011, he was named to the Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability