Magazine recognizes Beckett
Butler, Snow, O’Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC attorney P. Ryan Beckett has been named to the PORTICO 10. For the third year, PORTICO magazine has recognized the top 10 outstanding young lawyers in the metro Jackson area who are nominated by their peers and vetted by a panel of judges.
As a member of Butler Snow’s Commercial Litigation Group and Energy Industry Team, Beckett focuses on energy litigation, elections and governmental litigation, and general business and commercial litigation, including antitrust, banking and consumer lending, sales practices, consumer protection and fraud, unfair competition and trade secrets. Over his more than 13 years in practice, Beckett has successfully defended numerous business and commercial cases, obtained favorable verdicts at trial, and successfully handled appeals to the Mississippi Supreme Court and United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Beckett is AV-rated by his peers through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available, and has been listed for several years as a Mid-South Rising Star in business litigation by Super Lawyers. In 2011, he was named to the Mississippi Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping