MSU staff in news
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2013
Greta Wood, an assistant professor/instructional services librarian at Mississippi State University, is among a team of professional librarians named recently to the 75th Anniversary Task Force for the Association of College and Research Libraries. She will be one of a dozen members of the major committee responsible for planning activities as the 12,000 ACRL members, in particular, and national higher education community, in general, prepare to recognize the organization’s past achievements and future goals.
Wood, who joined MSU Libraries in 2011, holds master’s degrees from the universities of North Carolina at Greensboro and at Charlotte in library and information science and in English, respectively. She also is an English graduate of Colby College in Waterville, Maine.
Also, Dr. Clifton W. Story, a staff physician at MSU’s Longest Student Health Center, is being promoted to executive director of University Health Services. He will assume his new duties in May, succeeding Dr. Bob Collins upon his retirement. Collins joined the MSU medical center staff in 1977 and became its leader in 1988.
Story, who holds American Board of Family Physicians certification, returned to campus as a physician in 2008. An MSU alumnus, he is a 1991 general science graduate who went on to earn a doctor of medicine degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 1995. He additionally completed a family practice internship and residency at UMMC.
Prior to joining the MSU staff, Story practiced in West Point, Madison and Oneida, Tenn. He also spent two years as a missionary physician in Colombia and Costa Rica.
Story is a member of several professional organizations including the American College of Sports Medicine, American Academy of Family Physicians and Mississippi State Medical Association.
Story said he and his wife, Melanie, are the parents of AlliGrace, 15; Amelia, 13; and Travis, 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years