Palmertree to retire
McComb schools superintendent Therese Palmertree has announced she will retire July 1. The school board named Palmertree interim superintendent in 2007 and she moved into the job full-time in early 2008. She succeeded Pat Cooper, who had been superintendent of the McComb School District for 10 years and who resigned to go to work in New Orleans schools.
Palmertree had been the school district’s director of curriculum.
She said she would stay beyond July 1 until the district is able to find another superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)