Palmertree to retire
McComb schools superintendent Therese Palmertree has announced she will retire July 1. The school board named Palmertree interim superintendent in 2007 and she moved into the job full-time in early 2008. She succeeded Pat Cooper, who had been superintendent of the McComb School District for 10 years and who resigned to go to work in New Orleans schools.
Palmertree had been the school district’s director of curriculum.
She said she would stay beyond July 1 until the district is able to find another superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015