Palmertree to retire
McComb schools superintendent Therese Palmertree has announced she will retire July 1. The school board named Palmertree interim superintendent in 2007 and she moved into the job full-time in early 2008. She succeeded Pat Cooper, who had been superintendent of the McComb School District for 10 years and who resigned to go to work in New Orleans schools.
Palmertree had been the school district’s director of curriculum.
She said she would stay beyond July 1 until the district is able to find another superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip