Palmertree to retire
McComb schools superintendent Therese Palmertree has announced she will retire July 1. The school board named Palmertree interim superintendent in 2007 and she moved into the job full-time in early 2008. She succeeded Pat Cooper, who had been superintendent of the McComb School District for 10 years and who resigned to go to work in New Orleans schools.
Palmertree had been the school district’s director of curriculum.
She said she would stay beyond July 1 until the district is able to find another superintendent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits