Trustmark gets approval to acquire Alabama bank
Published: January 25,2013
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation and Mobile, Ala.-based BancTrust Financial Group Inc. has received full regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of BancTrust into Trustmark.
Subject to customary closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of the close of business Feb. 15.
“We look forward to welcoming customers and associates of BancTrust to the Trustmark family. Expansion into attractive Alabama markets, including Mobile and Montgomery, as well as increasing scale in existing Florida Panhandle markets, represents a great opportunity for Trustmark,” said Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark.
BancTrust holds assets of $2 billion, and provides an array of traditional financial services through 40 bank offices in the southern two-thirds of Alabama and nine bank offices in Northwest Florida.
Trustmark now provides banking and financial solutions through approximately 170 offices in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate