Trustmark gets approval to acquire Alabama bank
Published: January 25,2013
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation and Mobile, Ala.-based BancTrust Financial Group Inc. has received full regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of BancTrust into Trustmark.
Subject to customary closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of the close of business Feb. 15.
“We look forward to welcoming customers and associates of BancTrust to the Trustmark family. Expansion into attractive Alabama markets, including Mobile and Montgomery, as well as increasing scale in existing Florida Panhandle markets, represents a great opportunity for Trustmark,” said Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark.
BancTrust holds assets of $2 billion, and provides an array of traditional financial services through 40 bank offices in the southern two-thirds of Alabama and nine bank offices in Northwest Florida.
Trustmark now provides banking and financial solutions through approximately 170 offices in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet