Trustmark gets approval to acquire Alabama bank
Published: January 25,2013
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation and Mobile, Ala.-based BancTrust Financial Group Inc. has received full regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of BancTrust into Trustmark.
Subject to customary closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of the close of business Feb. 15.
“We look forward to welcoming customers and associates of BancTrust to the Trustmark family. Expansion into attractive Alabama markets, including Mobile and Montgomery, as well as increasing scale in existing Florida Panhandle markets, represents a great opportunity for Trustmark,” said Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark.
BancTrust holds assets of $2 billion, and provides an array of traditional financial services through 40 bank offices in the southern two-thirds of Alabama and nine bank offices in Northwest Florida.
Trustmark now provides banking and financial solutions through approximately 170 offices in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game