Trustmark gets approval to acquire Alabama bank
Published: January 25,2013
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation and Mobile, Ala.-based BancTrust Financial Group Inc. has received full regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of BancTrust into Trustmark.
Subject to customary closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of the close of business Feb. 15.
“We look forward to welcoming customers and associates of BancTrust to the Trustmark family. Expansion into attractive Alabama markets, including Mobile and Montgomery, as well as increasing scale in existing Florida Panhandle markets, represents a great opportunity for Trustmark,” said Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark.
BancTrust holds assets of $2 billion, and provides an array of traditional financial services through 40 bank offices in the southern two-thirds of Alabama and nine bank offices in Northwest Florida.
Trustmark now provides banking and financial solutions through approximately 170 offices in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval