Trustmark gets approval to acquire Alabama bank
Published: January 25,2013
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation and Mobile, Ala.-based BancTrust Financial Group Inc. has received full regulatory approval in connection with the proposed merger of BancTrust into Trustmark.
Subject to customary closing conditions contained in the merger agreement, the transaction is expected to be effective as of the close of business Feb. 15.
“We look forward to welcoming customers and associates of BancTrust to the Trustmark family. Expansion into attractive Alabama markets, including Mobile and Montgomery, as well as increasing scale in existing Florida Panhandle markets, represents a great opportunity for Trustmark,” said Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Trustmark.
BancTrust holds assets of $2 billion, and provides an array of traditional financial services through 40 bank offices in the southern two-thirds of Alabama and nine bank offices in Northwest Florida.
Trustmark now provides banking and financial solutions through approximately 170 offices in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast