First M&F reports hefty jump in net income
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
KOSCUISKO — First M&F Corp. reported 2012 net income of $6.985 million as compared to a net income of $4.373 million for 2011, a 59.7 percent increase.
Earnings allocated to common shareholders were $4.919 million, or $0.54 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to earnings of $2.584 million, or $.28 basic and diluted earnings per share for 2011.
Net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1.290 million allocated to common shareholders, or $.14 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to $530,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011.
For the fourth quarter of 2012 the annualized return on assets was 0.46 percent, while return on common equity was 5.40 percent. Comparatively, the return on assets for the fourth quarter of 2011 was 0.25 percent, with a return on common equity of 2.27 percent. The return on assets for 2012 was 0.44 percent, while the return on common equity was 5.30 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site