First M&F reports hefty jump in net income
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
KOSCUISKO — First M&F Corp. reported 2012 net income of $6.985 million as compared to a net income of $4.373 million for 2011, a 59.7 percent increase.
Earnings allocated to common shareholders were $4.919 million, or $0.54 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to earnings of $2.584 million, or $.28 basic and diluted earnings per share for 2011.
Net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1.290 million allocated to common shareholders, or $.14 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to $530,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011.
For the fourth quarter of 2012 the annualized return on assets was 0.46 percent, while return on common equity was 5.40 percent. Comparatively, the return on assets for the fourth quarter of 2011 was 0.25 percent, with a return on common equity of 2.27 percent. The return on assets for 2012 was 0.44 percent, while the return on common equity was 5.30 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete