First M&F reports hefty jump in net income
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
KOSCUISKO — First M&F Corp. reported 2012 net income of $6.985 million as compared to a net income of $4.373 million for 2011, a 59.7 percent increase.
Earnings allocated to common shareholders were $4.919 million, or $0.54 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to earnings of $2.584 million, or $.28 basic and diluted earnings per share for 2011.
Net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1.290 million allocated to common shareholders, or $.14 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to $530,000, or $.05 basic and diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2011.
For the fourth quarter of 2012 the annualized return on assets was 0.46 percent, while return on common equity was 5.40 percent. Comparatively, the return on assets for the fourth quarter of 2011 was 0.25 percent, with a return on common equity of 2.27 percent. The return on assets for 2012 was 0.44 percent, while the return on common equity was 5.30 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager