The First reports best earnings year in history
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS) reports net income of $4,048,000 for the year ended Dec. 31, 2012, which exceeds the previous high of $3,823,000 set in 2007.
Net income available to common shareholders increased to $3,624,000, or $1.16 per diluted share, a 43.3 percent increase from the $2,529,000, or $.82 per diluted share reported for the prior year.
Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1,062,000, or $.34 per diluted share, compared to $869,000 or $.28 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2011, an increase of $193,000, or 22.2 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain