The First reports best earnings year in history
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS) reports net income of $4,048,000 for the year ended Dec. 31, 2012, which exceeds the previous high of $3,823,000 set in 2007.
Net income available to common shareholders increased to $3,624,000, or $1.16 per diluted share, a 43.3 percent increase from the $2,529,000, or $.82 per diluted share reported for the prior year.
Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1,062,000, or $.34 per diluted share, compared to $869,000 or $.28 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2011, an increase of $193,000, or 22.2 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015