The First reports best earnings year in history
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS) reports net income of $4,048,000 for the year ended Dec. 31, 2012, which exceeds the previous high of $3,823,000 set in 2007.
Net income available to common shareholders increased to $3,624,000, or $1.16 per diluted share, a 43.3 percent increase from the $2,529,000, or $.82 per diluted share reported for the prior year.
Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1,062,000, or $.34 per diluted share, compared to $869,000 or $.28 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2011, an increase of $193,000, or 22.2 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring