The First reports best earnings year in history
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 28,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS) reports net income of $4,048,000 for the year ended Dec. 31, 2012, which exceeds the previous high of $3,823,000 set in 2007.
Net income available to common shareholders increased to $3,624,000, or $1.16 per diluted share, a 43.3 percent increase from the $2,529,000, or $.82 per diluted share reported for the prior year.
Net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2012, was $1,062,000, or $.34 per diluted share, compared to $869,000 or $.28 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2011, an increase of $193,000, or 22.2 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue