Air Force base wins award for recycling efforts
Published: January 29,2013
BILOXI — Keesler Air Force Base has been named an environmental hero in Mississippi for its comprehensive recycling efforts.
The Sun Herald reports the Mississippi Recycling Coalition chose Keesler as the recipient of its 2012 Environmental Hero Award as the state or federal government recycler of the year.
The base recycled nearly 2,700 tons of waste in the 2012 fiscal year. The Keesler recycles the usual waste products as well as concrete, electronics and toner cartridges. Also, vegetable debris is ground into mulch and donated.
Base officials began a food recycling project in 2011 for Keesler’s three dining halls, hospital and commissary. The base recycled 323 tons of food waste last year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion