Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison
Published: January 29,2013
JACKSON — Sam’s Club in Jackson will close in late 2014, according to Wal-Mart company officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the move will leave the capital city without a wholesale retailer of any kind.
Wal-Mart spokesman Daniel Morales says the store will move to Madison once a new store can be built. Wal-Mart operates a Sam’s Club in nearby Pearl.
Jackson Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. says the city’s focus needs to be on finding another wholesale club to replace it. Johnson says it was business decision by Wal-Mart.
The Jackson store was located off County Line Road east of Interstate 55, a high-traffic corridor for the cities of Jackson and Ridgeland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41