Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison
by Associated Press
Published: January 29,2013
JACKSON — Sam’s Club in Jackson will close in late 2014, according to Wal-Mart company officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the move will leave the capital city without a wholesale retailer of any kind.
Wal-Mart spokesman Daniel Morales says the store will move to Madison once a new store can be built. Wal-Mart operates a Sam’s Club in nearby Pearl.
Jackson Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. says the city’s focus needs to be on finding another wholesale club to replace it. Johnson says it was business decision by Wal-Mart.
The Jackson store was located off County Line Road east of Interstate 55, a high-traffic corridor for the cities of Jackson and Ridgeland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison”
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years