Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison
by Associated Press
Published: January 29,2013
JACKSON — Sam’s Club in Jackson will close in late 2014, according to Wal-Mart company officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the move will leave the capital city without a wholesale retailer of any kind.
Wal-Mart spokesman Daniel Morales says the store will move to Madison once a new store can be built. Wal-Mart operates a Sam’s Club in nearby Pearl.
Jackson Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. says the city’s focus needs to be on finding another wholesale club to replace it. Johnson says it was business decision by Wal-Mart.
The Jackson store was located off County Line Road east of Interstate 55, a high-traffic corridor for the cities of Jackson and Ridgeland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison”
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center