Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison
Published: January 29,2013
JACKSON — Sam’s Club in Jackson will close in late 2014, according to Wal-Mart company officials.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the move will leave the capital city without a wholesale retailer of any kind.
Wal-Mart spokesman Daniel Morales says the store will move to Madison once a new store can be built. Wal-Mart operates a Sam’s Club in nearby Pearl.
Jackson Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. says the city’s focus needs to be on finding another wholesale club to replace it. Johnson says it was business decision by Wal-Mart.
The Jackson store was located off County Line Road east of Interstate 55, a high-traffic corridor for the cities of Jackson and Ridgeland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Capital City losing Sam’s Club to Madison”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss