Ex-PTA president arrested for embezzling thousands of dollars
by Associated Press
Published: January 30,2013
GAUTIER — A past president of the Parent Teacher Association at Singing River Elementary School has been arrested on a charge accusing her of embezzling thousands of dollars from the group.
Gautier police Lt. Jerry Cooksey tells The Sun Herald 41-year-old Sue Cunningham was arrested last week on a felony charge of embezzlement.
Cooksey says an audit of the account, which is ongoing has accounted for more than $10,000 in missing PTA funds. He says that amount could rise once the audit is completed.
After her arrest, she appeared before Municipal Judge Jason Thornton. Thornton set Cunningham’s bond at $5,000 and she was released from custody.
It was unclear whether Cunningham has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years