CARTER: Target greed — not Mississippi — for Chicago’s mounting gun tragedies
by Ted Carter
Published: January 31,2013
Here’s a statement that came out of Capitol Hill Wednesday that bears some scrutiny by an enterprising police reporter from the Magnolia State: Over the last 10 to 12 years, Mississippi supplied one out of 10 firearms seized in crime investigations in Chicago.
So how the heck have we missed knowing what big contributors we’ve been to the Al Capone-like shootouts that have returned to the streets of Chicago?
Somebody has got be elected scapegoat, and it looks as though Mississippi is getting the nomination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions