CARTER: Target greed — not Mississippi — for Chicago’s mounting gun tragedies
by Ted Carter
Published: January 31,2013
Here’s a statement that came out of Capitol Hill Wednesday that bears some scrutiny by an enterprising police reporter from the Magnolia State: Over the last 10 to 12 years, Mississippi supplied one out of 10 firearms seized in crime investigations in Chicago.
So how the heck have we missed knowing what big contributors we’ve been to the Al Capone-like shootouts that have returned to the streets of Chicago?
Somebody has got be elected scapegoat, and it looks as though Mississippi is getting the nomination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy