CARTER: Target greed — not Mississippi — for Chicago’s mounting gun tragedies
by Ted Carter
Published: January 31,2013
Here’s a statement that came out of Capitol Hill Wednesday that bears some scrutiny by an enterprising police reporter from the Magnolia State: Over the last 10 to 12 years, Mississippi supplied one out of 10 firearms seized in crime investigations in Chicago.
So how the heck have we missed knowing what big contributors we’ve been to the Al Capone-like shootouts that have returned to the streets of Chicago?
Somebody has got be elected scapegoat, and it looks as though Mississippi is getting the nomination.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger