CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles
Viking CEO Fred Carl has resigned from the company he built as Middleby Corp. confirmed Thursday afternoon that it had laid off earlier in the day 20 percent of Viking Range’s 700 employees.
Middleby spokesperson Darcy Bretz said in an email to the Mississippi Business Journal that the cuts were made “across the Viking enterprise.” She said half the layoffs were employees in Greenwood, where Viking maintains its headquarters.
Calls to Viking officials in Greenwood were not immediately returned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option