CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles
Viking CEO Fred Carl has resigned from the company he built as Middleby Corp. confirmed Thursday afternoon that it had laid off earlier in the day 20 percent of Viking Range’s 700 employees.
Middleby spokesperson Darcy Bretz said in an email to the Mississippi Business Journal that the cuts were made “across the Viking enterprise.” She said half the layoffs were employees in Greenwood, where Viking maintains its headquarters.
Calls to Viking officials in Greenwood were not immediately returned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House