CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles
Viking CEO Fred Carl has resigned from the company he built as Middleby Corp. confirmed Thursday afternoon that it had laid off earlier in the day 20 percent of Viking Range’s 700 employees.
Middleby spokesperson Darcy Bretz said in an email to the Mississippi Business Journal that the cuts were made “across the Viking enterprise.” She said half the layoffs were employees in Greenwood, where Viking maintains its headquarters.
Calls to Viking officials in Greenwood were not immediately returned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections