CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles
Viking CEO Fred Carl has resigned from the company he built as Middleby Corp. confirmed Thursday afternoon that it had laid off earlier in the day 20 percent of Viking Range’s 700 employees.
Middleby spokesperson Darcy Bretz said in an email to the Mississippi Business Journal that the cuts were made “across the Viking enterprise.” She said half the layoffs were employees in Greenwood, where Viking maintains its headquarters.
Calls to Viking officials in Greenwood were not immediately returned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “CEO Fred Carl resigns as Viking empire crumbles”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November