ASCE honors Prestwood
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2013
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) recently selected Deanna Prestwood for the Young Engineer of the Year Award. Prestwood serves as chief of the river stabilization section of the engineering and construction division at the Corps’ Vicksburg District. Prestwood was selected for the award not only for her expertise in the field of engineering, but also for her continuing promotion of engineering, science, and technology. She teaches engineering classes at the Corps’ Engineering Research and Development Center. She further encourages the advancement of the civil engineering profession through her teaching and mentoring to students at local school districts and the Boy Scout and Girl Scout organizations.
She received the 2011 Department of the Army Achievement Medal for Civilian Service for her design efforts involving the Mississippi River 2011 Flood of Record.
Prestwood, a native of Vicksburg residing in Clinton, earned her civil engineering degree from Mississippi State University, and is a licensed professional engineer in Mississippi.
She is married to Craig Prestwood, and they are the parents of two children. She is the daughter of Larry and Jean Calloway of Raymond, formerly of Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!