ASCE honors Prestwood
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2013
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) recently selected Deanna Prestwood for the Young Engineer of the Year Award. Prestwood serves as chief of the river stabilization section of the engineering and construction division at the Corps’ Vicksburg District. Prestwood was selected for the award not only for her expertise in the field of engineering, but also for her continuing promotion of engineering, science, and technology. She teaches engineering classes at the Corps’ Engineering Research and Development Center. She further encourages the advancement of the civil engineering profession through her teaching and mentoring to students at local school districts and the Boy Scout and Girl Scout organizations.
She received the 2011 Department of the Army Achievement Medal for Civilian Service for her design efforts involving the Mississippi River 2011 Flood of Record.
Prestwood, a native of Vicksburg residing in Clinton, earned her civil engineering degree from Mississippi State University, and is a licensed professional engineer in Mississippi.
She is married to Craig Prestwood, and they are the parents of two children. She is the daughter of Larry and Jean Calloway of Raymond, formerly of Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics