Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome
Published: February 1,2013
CANTON — While Madison’s mayor has bristled over Jackson State University’s plan to open a satellite campus in her city, another area mayor says his city would benefit from having a higher education facility.
In a letter addressed to JSU president Carolyn Meyers, The Clarion-Ledger reports Canton Mayor William Truly expressed his desire for the JSU campus to move to his city.
Truly wrote that JSU would make a good fit for Canton.
The issue between JSU and Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler stems from the city’s already existing Tulane University satellite campus. Butler expressed concern Monday that JSU would compete with Tulane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO