Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2013
CANTON — While Madison’s mayor has bristled over Jackson State University’s plan to open a satellite campus in her city, another area mayor says his city would benefit from having a higher education facility.
In a letter addressed to JSU president Carolyn Meyers, The Clarion-Ledger reports Canton Mayor William Truly expressed his desire for the JSU campus to move to his city.
Truly wrote that JSU would make a good fit for Canton.
The issue between JSU and Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler stems from the city’s already existing Tulane University satellite campus. Butler expressed concern Monday that JSU would compete with Tulane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge