Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2013
CANTON — While Madison’s mayor has bristled over Jackson State University’s plan to open a satellite campus in her city, another area mayor says his city would benefit from having a higher education facility.
In a letter addressed to JSU president Carolyn Meyers, The Clarion-Ledger reports Canton Mayor William Truly expressed his desire for the JSU campus to move to his city.
Truly wrote that JSU would make a good fit for Canton.
The issue between JSU and Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler stems from the city’s already existing Tulane University satellite campus. Butler expressed concern Monday that JSU would compete with Tulane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy