Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome
Published: February 1,2013
CANTON — While Madison’s mayor has bristled over Jackson State University’s plan to open a satellite campus in her city, another area mayor says his city would benefit from having a higher education facility.
In a letter addressed to JSU president Carolyn Meyers, The Clarion-Ledger reports Canton Mayor William Truly expressed his desire for the JSU campus to move to his city.
Truly wrote that JSU would make a good fit for Canton.
The issue between JSU and Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler stems from the city’s already existing Tulane University satellite campus. Butler expressed concern Monday that JSU would compete with Tulane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image