Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2013
CANTON — While Madison’s mayor has bristled over Jackson State University’s plan to open a satellite campus in her city, another area mayor says his city would benefit from having a higher education facility.
In a letter addressed to JSU president Carolyn Meyers, The Clarion-Ledger reports Canton Mayor William Truly expressed his desire for the JSU campus to move to his city.
Truly wrote that JSU would make a good fit for Canton.
The issue between JSU and Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler stems from the city’s already existing Tulane University satellite campus. Butler expressed concern Monday that JSU would compete with Tulane.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Canton mayor says JSU campus would be welcome”
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county