Commission gives nod to site for new sports complex
Published: February 1,2013
OXFORD — The site for a proposed privately run and owned sports complex has been approved by the Lafayette County Planning Commission.
The Oxford Eagle reports the commission’s action this week allows the project to move on to construction.
The sportsplex will be built on Mississippi Highway 7 South.
Owners Chuck Trost and Michael Perry now must get a Mississippi Department of Transportation permit for construction off the highway and approval from the Health Department on how they will handle sewage.
The complex will include six international regulation soccer fields, practice fields, a Little League football field and potentially baseball and lacrosse fields in the future.
The owners hope to open the complex in July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves