Commission gives nod to site for new sports complex
Published: February 1,2013
OXFORD — The site for a proposed privately run and owned sports complex has been approved by the Lafayette County Planning Commission.
The Oxford Eagle reports the commission’s action this week allows the project to move on to construction.
The sportsplex will be built on Mississippi Highway 7 South.
Owners Chuck Trost and Michael Perry now must get a Mississippi Department of Transportation permit for construction off the highway and approval from the Health Department on how they will handle sewage.
The complex will include six international regulation soccer fields, practice fields, a Little League football field and potentially baseball and lacrosse fields in the future.
The owners hope to open the complex in July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast