Commission gives nod to site for new sports complex
Published: February 1,2013
OXFORD — The site for a proposed privately run and owned sports complex has been approved by the Lafayette County Planning Commission.
The Oxford Eagle reports the commission’s action this week allows the project to move on to construction.
The sportsplex will be built on Mississippi Highway 7 South.
Owners Chuck Trost and Michael Perry now must get a Mississippi Department of Transportation permit for construction off the highway and approval from the Health Department on how they will handle sewage.
The complex will include six international regulation soccer fields, practice fields, a Little League football field and potentially baseball and lacrosse fields in the future.
The owners hope to open the complex in July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development