Commission gives nod to site for new sports complex
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2013
OXFORD — The site for a proposed privately run and owned sports complex has been approved by the Lafayette County Planning Commission.
The Oxford Eagle reports the commission’s action this week allows the project to move on to construction.
The sportsplex will be built on Mississippi Highway 7 South.
Owners Chuck Trost and Michael Perry now must get a Mississippi Department of Transportation permit for construction off the highway and approval from the Health Department on how they will handle sewage.
The complex will include six international regulation soccer fields, practice fields, a Little League football field and potentially baseball and lacrosse fields in the future.
The owners hope to open the complex in July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center