Commission gives nod to site for new sports complex
Published: February 1,2013
OXFORD — The site for a proposed privately run and owned sports complex has been approved by the Lafayette County Planning Commission.
The Oxford Eagle reports the commission’s action this week allows the project to move on to construction.
The sportsplex will be built on Mississippi Highway 7 South.
Owners Chuck Trost and Michael Perry now must get a Mississippi Department of Transportation permit for construction off the highway and approval from the Health Department on how they will handle sewage.
The complex will include six international regulation soccer fields, practice fields, a Little League football field and potentially baseball and lacrosse fields in the future.
The owners hope to open the complex in July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet