Real estate developer pleads guilty to bank fraud
by Associated Press
Published: February 1,2013
OXFORD — DeSoto County developer Chuck Roberts has pleaded guilty in federal court to bank fraud charges.
The Commercial Appeal reports Roberts entered his plea at a hearing in Oxford yesterday.
He pleaded guilty to one count charging him with submitting fake documents and making false statements to an area bank to get money from a $5 million loan. The loan was allegedly for a subdivision that was never built.
The 46-year-old Roberts was released on his own recognizance and will be sentenced in 90 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge