Simmons, Young promoted
Helen Simmons has been promoted to vice president of accounting with Telapex Inc. She came to Telapex in 1994 as accounting manager and in March 1997 was promoted to director of accounting. Simmons received her master of accountancy from Millsaps College and her certified public accountant license for the State of Mississippi.
Also, Kimberly Young has been promoted to director of human resources. She began her career with Telapex in 1999 after her graduation from Mississippi University for Women where she received her bachelor of science in family and human development that year. Young went back to school for the next several months before returning Telapex in 2000. Since then she has held the positions of payroll and benefits administrator, human resources supervisor, employee benefits manager and manager of payroll and benefits.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Nullification and interposition
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable