The First to buy Alabama bank for undisclosed sum
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 1,2013
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire First National Bank of Baldwin County, Ala.
Terms were not disclosed.
The First president and CEO M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole Jr., said, “From day one our focus has been on growing our bank in the Gulf Coast region, and providing customers a true community bank with personal service. We are excited about expanding our services to South Alabama and growing with this dynamic area.“
The definitive agreement expands The First across the coast providing five new branches and a total of 23 new locations from Mississippi, Louisiana to South Alabama.
Upon completion of the transaction the First will grow to approximately $905 million in assets and approximately $780 million in deposits.
Part of the acquisition process involves the First National Bank of Baldwin County’s holding company First Baldwin Bancshares Inc. filing for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy court.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete