Gov. Phil Bryant to be in Natchez for von Drehle announcement
by Associated Press
Published: February 4,2013
Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant will be in Natchez Tuesday as part of an economic announcement.
Bryant will be joined by state and local officials and representatives from von Drehle Corp. of Hickory, N.C., which recently bought the former Mississippi River Pulp property.
Plans for the facility will be unveiled at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Von Drehle, which provides paper products to commercial and industrial consumers nationwide, expects to create at least 100 new jobs.
Von Drehle will manufacture paper products formerly produced by Mississippi River Pulp as well as its own product lines.
Von Drehle has operations in North Carolina, Nevada and Tennessee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain