Madison supervisors welcome Jackson State campus
by Associated Press
Published: February 5,2013
CANTON — Madison County officials are rolling out the welcome mat for Jackson State University.
The Board of Supervisors on Monday unanimously approved a resolution welcoming JSU’s satellite campus to the community.
The university won College Board approval last month for a 10-year, $1.5 million lease for 8,600 square feet of office space in Madison for a branch to open this summer.
The supervisors say that the JSU branch fits into the county’s recently adopted strategic plan for economic growth.
Madison Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler and the dean of the Tulane University branch in Madison have asked the College Board to reconsider approval of JSU’s lease. Dean Richard Marksbury said the board did not follow the law to consider private college course offerings in its decision.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue