MSU fundraiser ‘StatePride’ nets $118.3M in private gifts
Published: February 6,2013
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State University has officially concluded the university’s four-year initiative known as “StatePride” with more than $118.3 million in private gifts.
“StatePride: An Initiative for Student and Faculty Support” officially began in 2009 with a $100-million goal.
“StatePride” was launched with the investiture of Mark Keenum as MSU’s 19th president and over its course became a unified fundraising effort between the MSU Foundation and MSU Athletics. A portion of the annual revenue from MSU athletics matched certain gifts through the initiative.
Final totals for “StatePride” translated into over $83 million raised in student scholarships, shattering the $70 million originally sought. Also, faculty support eclipsed the $30 million expected, reaching over $35 million.
Specifically “StatePride” made possible 336 annual scholarships and 241 endowed scholarships (11,882 total students received funding from scholarships and MSU Promise Awards) and 22 endowed positions (six endowed chairs and 16 professorships).
In all, 7,781 MSU alumni and friends contributed toward the effort. Of that number, 1,779 were first-time contributors to the land-grant institution.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics